Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Awesome. Were they born this year? Or are they older cocks?

Look like brothers.

thanks jshubin

Chicago is the oldest, he is half Reynolds and half saab indian(hammer line).
Charlie m is a straight Reynolds asil(harris). not too many like him.

Nice birds /.....

is charlie in the first and third pic ? chicago in the second and fourth ?

Last edited:
Nice birds /.....

is charlie in the first and third pic ? chicago in the second and fourth ?

yes doubleleft. I also have a bullstag that is the dark reynolds and 3 stags from this year
stag

stag

bullstag

bullstag
will take more pics of the stags soon

Last edited:
I did 12 years ago. They looked like a mixed up bunch of Orientals. They did look like orientals, just mixed together. They tended to look like poor versions of Thai/Brazilian mixes with a bit of shamo and something else mixed in. Who knows, maybe some things have changed since then.

Yes I bought some 2 years ago, I have two hens , they look oriental they are approximately 4.5 lbs The rooster was killed by predators. I plan to breed them this spring with Ganoi to see how they turn out. Will post pictures later

Has anyone ordered some Orientals from ideal poultry? I would to know if they turned out be real Orientals. If you have post pics of them adult plz.

If you want to seriously raise actual oriental fowl, contact a breeder. If you want some mixed up oriental "looking" birds get the ideal ones. Have seen the "asil" and "shamo" looking birds from them and most were no where close to being desirable as orientals. Nothing against them, it is just they make money as a business selling chicks in numbers.. most oriental gamefowl lay very few eggs per hen per year, therefore good business sense would dictate that the hatchery to make a better profit on this venture would need to one, either have a HUGE flock of birds to meet their egg demand or would need to add some outside blood to boost their egg production. All that I have seen look like some outside blood of the more egg productive variety was added. Just my opinion, it all comes down to the individual backyard breeder as to what they want to throw feed at in the backyard.

Back
Top Bottom