Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Attachments

• 20210101_132304.jpg
    20210101_132304.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20210101_132311.jpg
    20210101_132311.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 108
That is a very nice Aseel, typical Atkinson type. Excellent health good job...
If you know what it is, can you explain to me what it is. This is actually a son of the one I brought. The hen hatched 8 and they all died except this one. From what I gather, Les Melville is the name of the guy who bred this line. The guy I got them from said that this is a real pure asil and that real asils are small. I have another bird that I got from someone else and he claim his is real, but it is big as heck.

Red, here goes the Atkinson Asil were brought back from England by well known cocker Leslie Melville. He got them from Henry Parsons who inherited Herbert Atkinsons Asils, Muffs, and Pyles. Atkinson brought back the true Asils of India and brought them back to England. Les kept them pure and not many have the originals but variations as he had other Asil bloodlines. They are a smaller type and are very inbred and some are very refined. As to large Asil there are many bloodlines in India and Pakistan. There’s two basic categories the small Reza types and the large Kulang types. The Reza are very popular for grading for pitfowl and such strains would be Rampuri, Sonatol, Atkinson, etc. The Kulang types would be your North and South Indian Asil etc. I could go on but don’t want to bore anyone lol...

Red, here goes the Atkinson Asil were brought back from England by well known cocker Leslie Melville. He got them from Henry Parsons who inherited Herbert Atkinsons Asils, Muffs, and Pyles. Atkinson brought back the true Asils of India and brought them back to England. Les kept them pure and not many have the originals but variations as he had other Asil bloodlines. They are a smaller type and are very inbred and some are very refined. As to large Asil there are many bloodlines in India and Pakistan. There’s two basic categories the small Reza types and the large Kulang types. The Reza are very popular for grading for pitfowl and such strains would be Rampuri, Sonatol, Atkinson, etc. The Kulang types would be your North and South Indian Asil etc. I could go on but don’t want to bore anyone lol...
Thanks, so both are real asils. The guy with the small one told me that the big ones were mixed with malay or something just to get them big. So there us a high chance too that mine is not a pure Atkinson. Is there any way of telling for sure. All I can go off of that the guy I brought it from said so.

You never really know all you can go by is the mans word and observation. From just looks yours is a Atkinson type but cant say for sure if he’s 100%. If you had the hen side I’d be able to know more. Example Atkinson's come streaky black breasted reds in the cocks The hens for the most part come dark grouse colored with black necks and black lacing on the body to partridge color with reddish necks. I have the old line Les Melville Atkinsons that were gifts from a friend who got them from Les. Mine the hens come the classic dark grouse color with black breasted red cocks with some brown feathering on chest. The only fault I see is that he has orange eyes and small wattles. All the Atkinsons I’ve ever seen have light eyes.

Last edited:
You never really know all you can go by is the mans word and observation. From just looks yours is a Atkinson type but cant say for sure if he’s 100%. If you had the hen side I’d be able to know more. Example Atkinson's come streaky black breasted reds in the cocks The hens for the most part come dark grouse colored with black necks and black lacing on the body to partridge color with reddish necks. I have the old line Les Melville Atkinsons that were gifts from a friend who got them from Les. Mine the hens come the classic dark grouse color with black breasted red cocks with some brown feathering on chest. The only fault I see is that he has orange eyes and small wattles. All the Atkinsons I’ve ever seen have light eyes.
Here is the Dad and Mom, she is Brown.

Attachments

• 20210102_161456.jpg
    20210102_161456.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210102_153039.jpg
    20210102_153039.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210102_153120.jpg
    20210102_153120.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210102_161508.jpg