OSB TechShield Radiant Barrier

I used it under steel roofing on my newest coop, an 8x8 walkin. On a sunny day, when I can feel the heat radiating from the bare metal on the other coops, the one with Techshield is cooler. Not sure how much it would help on walls, but I think it makes a difference on the roof.

Thank you for your answer.
It would also be for my 8 by 8 coop and I have been researching about roofing material for warm weather especially because our coop won't get any shade. At first I was thinking about getting fiberglass panels UV resistant but I think those OSB radiant barrier panels will work pretty well. And on top of the techshield I can add a cheaper fiberglass or metal panels.
So thanks again.

Poulettes:

We live in Upstate New York and have RedStars, a cross between rhode island reds and white leghorns. Currently we have 30 adults and 50 chicks ready to take their place in 2 coups of slightly larger size. We have a reflective bubble foil and radiant barrier business and obviously use our own insulation. It works great. We will send you a roll for free if you are interested if you will let us know you think of the performance. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom