Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics of our journey.

greetings from the Philippines

we have no shortage of crowing roos. with the ac on and the windows closed our bedroom is quiet but at 4am I visited the bathroom and could hear noon stop crowing

ben: I hope the Tassie roo stays quiet but hits his target. bullseyes will start you wanting to hatch again.

Might be the start of Ben's very own no crow breed.
tongue.png

Our four adolescent roos are now about four months old. None of them are properly crowing yet, although I did catch the most developed one practicing a bit last week.

0.jpg

I'd like to get rid of these boys soon, but there's very little meat on them yet.

The next batch of chicks are 9 days old now. No idea on the sexes yet, but if the autosexing that their mother's siblings seemed to follow has bred true in this mix, then we have 2 girls and 2 boys. (The beaks seem to be dark for the girls and light for the boys). I have no reason to believe that there actually would be any auto sexing features though. And our sample is way too small anyway, only four birds in the earlier batch, and again four birds now, with a completely unrelated sire in the mix. It's something to keep an eye on though.

Interesting to watch it pan out Felix.

I didn't want to mention the non crower...but so far so quiet! It's been pretty cool here too Lisa, raining right now.

I really must sort some new pics out for you guys. Hopefully before my next BIG race hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom