Our Malinois pup Gyda

Crazyland

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Sandhills NC
We have had German Shepherds for years. We still have two, Mace and Blackjack. The husband wanted a higher drive dog to train and decided on the Malinois. We have trained with them before in Germany and also my husband has trained with them in Texas.
He is certified with the SV as a trainer but is looking for licensed company here in NC. He is also going to be going to school to learn vet tech. His eventual goal is to own his own business for training. I like the socialization part of training. :)
We had a friend have a litter of pups that my husband really likes the parents of. High drive, health and temperament. A bonus to me is the sable coat.
Gyda has some big shoes to fill. She is already learning basics and tracking.
I call her a gator cause you can hear when she snaps her jaws shut.

Adorable! :love
I've had my eye on the Malinois breed for a while now as my next choice for a training "partner".
Please keep us posted on how this little one is coming along. I'm hoping to live vicariously through you for a while. :oops:

Thanks. It is hard for me to not spoil her. Lol I have to remind myself to keep my distance.
Gyda is doing very well and knows sit. Still working on recall, about 75% there. No tracking this weekend due to rain and severe winds.
I want to get out and take photos but I just had surgery Friday. She is over my 10lb limit. Lol Growing way to fast!
What would you be training in?

Back
Top Bottom