Our Dog Killed the Neighbors' Turkey Poult

Pics
Lol.
No I don't need anymore handspun Sasha nor Albi down Quilts!
I've been raking Sasha everyday and I can't figure out where all the hair is coming from!! Tumble balls Everywhere!!! Lol
Sasha update" She got a quick spreading "hot spot" on her back quarter. Had to shave it down, go on antibiotics, received a "jump start" injection if steroids. OMG!!! She peed everywhere! Even while sleeping! Then the solumedrol dose pack was a Peeing nightmare and
she had a 6 lb weight gain because she was eating everything in sight. Digging/eating in the garbage ect. Doing things she has never done or hasn't done since she was a puppy. It was absolutely terrible.
She's finally better from that.
Thank God!
THEN, I had to make a Hard food switch to Royal Canin SO ($72.00 for 15lbs) because her previous food must have changed the chemistry/formula in it because she suddenly built up a large amount of Crystals in her urine plus got kidney stones in 4 weeks! She was lethargic and got very sick very quickly.
Thankfully no major Pancreatitis nor Liver failure at that time because I caught it in time.
It's been rough because she's been so sick.
Thankfully, she's feeling better and wants to check on the girls (chickens) to be with them. They all come running to see her. I think they missed her! She playfully runs around them and through them to made them flutter, and of course eats the chicken poop delight!! YUCK!!!
I am so Happy to have my 4 legged "Roostette" back on duty and I'm sure she is too.
I'm so Happy Albi is responding well with his E collar.
As he gets more mature, take your training to the next level and test him.
Hopefully, he won't need the "E collar" responsive buzz to keep him in check as often but, it's a good safety net for Da Mama.
He is intelligent and knows when the collar is on and off.
Continue your training off the collar for limited times because you want him to be trained not, just E collar trained. That's when you know you have been successful.
I'm so Happy to read about Albi.
Send more pictures when you can.
Sasha says "Hi Albi, I wish we could run, play and get into mischief while finding dead stuff to roll in" and let's not forget the finer things like eating fresh chicken poop! LOL
Grosses me out but she can't help herself.
Happy Easter!!!
Awww Sasha is such a trooper! I'm so sorry she's been having a rough couple months but I'm delighted to hear she's up and at 'em again (i.e. up and at the procuring of freshly dropped chicken poops---I think she and alboe would get along great). I'm not quite to the point of training around chickens with the e collar off, though we train him without it for other things. Of course, there are times the neighbors chickens come down unexpectedly and run around him, or are on the doorstep when he's off leash/no collar (for better or worse the chickens around here are not scared of him) and he does fine, so I'm hopeful he's not some chicken eating machine like I had feared he was.

Happy Easter to you, too!! And to Sasha and her feathered poop machine friends :)

My internet is currently too slow to upload pictures (dang mountain life!) but I'll send some when it's cranking again. Never know with satellite. Please send more of your crew, too 😍

Back
Top Bottom