!!!URGENT!!! Neighbors dog killed all of my ducks. This is not the first time.

Pics
Where I am if you shoot a dog you have to kill it I do believe. If you shoot to injure it to try to scare it away you could end up with a fine for causing unnecessary suffering to the dog or something like that. Also the dog has to be on your property when you shoot and kill it. Would check to see if the same laws/rules apply for where you live.

time fo
Hello. I haven’t been online in a few months because everything was going wonderfully. My babies were nearly a year old.

Earlier today we saw my neighbors dog walking off with our male duck hanging out of its mouth.

Long story short, this the third time something like this has happened. The dog killed an entire group of chickens a few years back and then killed 2/3 of our replacements.

Our neighbors agreed to keep the dog on a shock collar and they’ve warned us once when then dog has went missing so we can keep an eye out. No issues because we were able to lock everyone up in the barn. However, today the owner knowingly let the dog run loose without a collar and now my four ducks are dead.

The last time this happened, we contacted animal control and they told us there was nothing they could do and we would have to handle it privately. Our neighbor “paid us off” with a $50 gift card and after contacting her today, she offered to pay again. However, this does not fix the issue. My pets are dead, they refuse to take responsibility for their pet, and we have other animals that could potentially be at risk.

For context, we live in KY and not in city limits. Our animals are not free roam and stay in the barn or a fenced in area. The dog get in the fence each time. Not sure how, but he does. We’ve checked so many times to figure out how this dog has access and we couldn’t figure it out. It wasn’t an issue when the dog was on a collar.

Sorry for being so scattered because I’m very upset. I just need to know what I should do. I’m 20 and autistic, so I have a very hard time confronting people. Plus, I have never dealt with something like this
time for you to get a huge great pyrenees pup...

Back
Top Bottom