Neighbor's Dog Killed Suzie, my old hen

I’m so thankful that years ago my neighbor was fed up with the other neighbors dog coming on to their property and staring at them through the window. Neighbor 1 was upset at neighbor 2, and made them do something about it (invisible fence). We haven’t had an issue with it in years. All other neighbors keep their dogs in their yards or are too far away. One neighbor does have a cat, but I’ve yet to see her on our property.

Sorry to hear for your loss, especially when it’s a favorite bird.

If there is a bright side to this situation, your neighbors at least seem cooperative and understanding. I have seen many instances here where this was not the case.

That being said, nobody could blame you for being upset and frustrated. :(

My jimmies would be rustled too. At least the neighbors are being cool about it and trying to confine their dogs. What really makes me mad are the folks out here in the boonies who think it's ok to let a dog run free. At that point it's just another predator in my eyes. I hate that because I'm a dog person, but my chickens > your dog.

My jimmies would be rustled too. At least the neighbors are being cool about it and trying to confine their dogs. What really makes me mad are the folks out here in the boonies who think it's ok to let a dog run free. At that point it's just another predator in my eyes. I hate that because I'm a dog person, but my chickens > your dog.
I am fortunate where I live. Unfortunate to have houses so close to mine but almost everyone keeps their dogs confined. If not and we catch them people will either take them to the pound or call them to come and get them. In order to get them back they have to pay a fine and if not licensed then another bigger fine. That makes people keep them at least in their yards which is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom