Outdoing urban/backyard chickens! Photo! funny

StupidBird

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
GA
27390_2011feb_292.jpg

Neighbors outdoing us? Add your caption and comments. Not photoshopped, I swear! This was taken half an hour ago across the street. My neighborhood is SO interesting!

The back story:
There's a nursing home across the main road of our little subdivision, that used to be a farm and leases out the pastures. Around 10am today, the bull(s)? broke down the fence and the whole herd wandered the main road and the subdivision. Including this massive bull. (I wasn't home) So traffic is stopped, sheriff shows up, the cows are herded back through the break and the break mended - without the bull who isn't too happy. So when it wandered into the backyard of the empty house, they shut the gate and told us to let it be. The nursing home has no clue how to contact the animals' owners. Sheriff said they'd handle it. Well when I got home hours later in this 85F plus weather, I see no one has thought to water it. So, it's been watered over the fence into an old cooler. *sigh* Never a dull moment here.

Last edited:
lol.png
That does look funny! Glad the house is empty! that would give one quite a scare. Our city is interspersed with several pastures with cattle on them...I got quite a surprise one day to have a large black bull meandering down the middle of the road on his way to Walmart
ep.gif

I didn't know who to call so I called 911..... "911, what is your emergency?" "Ummm there's a huge bull headed down the road to walmart! "
911......."a what?" I repeat..a BULL (had to spell it as I have an accent) 911 "what does it look like?" "well its huge and black and I dont want to drive around it" I did a U turn and took an alternate route. dispatcher said they would send out someone .

Have you ever noticed a bull will find a way to be the most conspicious spot to meander about? Here they are with all that grass along the road and they have to walk down the middle of the road. Or lay down at the back door of an empty house.
lol.png

It's back home now, but gosh was this funny. DH is going to post the photo at his office - they're already having fun with our backyard mega garden and hens. No explanation, just the photo of the bull on the back porch.
lol.png

It drank 3 coolers of water.

Back
Top Bottom