Outdoor playtime

Currently only 2 days. But I was wondering for the future. I’m sure it’s too soon.

I'm completely new to being a chicken mamma so that being said:

I would wait at least a week maybe 2 just to make sure they are healthy and thriving. Otherwise make sure they are safe and you are right there. I did it with my silkies and they loved the sunshine. They are now 3 months and are great weed killers :highfive:

We would only be out for a hour or so then come back in. After about 4 weeks I had them out in my garden playing around. They loved it.

Just watch them. They are tiny little things and so soo stinking cute.

Wait a couple more days so they can get used to their surroundings.
Then, if it's warm out, you can supervise them while they play outside for maybe 30 mins-1 hour

Thanks so much. I’m excited to see them run around in the grass. They already want to peck around in the house, but obviously there isn’t anything to peck at other than their feed.

I took mine out after a few weeks only because I get them in April and May and weather can still get too chilly for little ones.
I did however have 2 of my little ones out one time when I brought them home as it was a nice warm day, I kept them right by me and sat with them, they will go to you if they feel uncomfortable or scared and you will know if they just are not that into being out in such a big world yet.

But if the weather is nice there isn't any reason you cannot bring them out for supervised play time, after all mama chickens hatch their eggs outside.

Back
Top Bottom