Outdoors Woman

I used to ski, then I moved to Florida. We have a few mountain bike parks near us and that's enjoyable, when it's not too hot. My DH is considering kuyaks. It should be fun considering we live near a lot of bodies of water. The outdoors is a beautiful place to enjoy and I hope you get to enjoy your area often.

I love hiking with my dog. I would love to get into riding my bike, but I keep forgetting to bring it down to the college with me. I bought a nice mountain bike a few years back but it hasn't seen much use! I haven't done much hiking this summer and I really miss it. In south Jersey there are some really nice trails, but everything is so flat! I like some hills!

I love any activity that gets you outdoors, camping in particular. I love to go fishing as much as I can convince my parents to take me, and sometimes when I get the determination to bike to the nearest water. I have gone horseback riding, but I find that wasn't really my thing. Whitewater rafting on the other hand, I something truly unforgettable. In the winter I go ice skating and downhill sking, both an exeptional experience. I would go ice fishing if oregon could ever get up the courage to freeze. All and all, I'm I wilds woman through and through

I love hiking. I am very fortunate to have Morrow Mountain State Park only 5 minutes from my house and I can go hiking every day. In the past few years I gained so much weight and became so lazy that I decided to start hiking again. At first it was just the weekends, but now I do it almost every day. It's addictive
tongue.png
. This is the only exercise I can do without feeling "tortured" by it. Being out there in the mountains ( it's a small mountain, but still has the mountain "smell"), makes me dream, makes me feel revived and reborn . I just love it. In fact I have days when I want to hike so bad that not even rain can stop me. I keep a rain coat in my back pack for those days. No matter how sore I am sometimes I still love it
love.gif
, and on top of that I’m loosing weight which is a bonus.

Last edited:
I ride my mountain bike quite often. My DH has one too but it's a little hard sometimes to get him to go out with me because we have to ride early in the morning since it gets unbearably hot by about 10 am. The only thing I don't like is I've gotten scabies all over my calves from riding through tall grass.
barnie.gif
It took about 6 months for me to completely get rid of them and it was horrible. Needless to say I will NOT ride through tall grass anymore, but I do still ride, I just stick to the trails, roads, and rocky areas.

I haven't been on ski's in 20 years!
hmm.png

I still have my ski's and boots. Both downhill and cross country.
I thought that when we moved out to Wyoming I would be able to get DH out to the ski hill, but so far no such luck.

I learned to ski in northern Wisconsin. And there we ski on almost anything - wet snow, powder, ice, rocks ...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom