Over a year of planning for today!!!!!

PouleChick

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 6, 2016
SW France
I'm soooooo excited! :celebrate:ya:wee:ya:wee:ya:celebrateMy plan from the start has been to have a coloured egg basket, I did my research, bought my silkie mummies, sourced and drove all over to get the hatching eggs and today it has all paid off - look what I just found!
cec2c3965c2a709ae1f8186819d51338.jpg

I was a bit worried yesterday as the Marans laid her first egg and this was it's colour (left):
c29c97e6117affc0c3377d43d660e376.jpg

So was thrilled with what I saw this morning :weeeeeek just had a thought I've got 2 maybe one is doing pale and one doing dark?? Aww well we'll see :love

just had a thought I've got 2 maybe one is doing pale and one doing dark?? Aww well we'll see
Yes, time will tell.....Marans eggs can start lighter until after the first few and the 'machine' gets tuned up.
They can also get lighter as the laying cycle progresses.

Congrats!

I'm soooooo excited! :celebrate:ya:wee:ya:wee:ya:celebrateMy plan from the start has been to have a coloured egg basket, I did my research, bought my silkie mummies, sourced and drove all over to get the hatching eggs and today it has all paid off - look what I just found!
cec2c3965c2a709ae1f8186819d51338.jpg

I was a bit worried yesterday as the Marans laid her first egg and this was it's colour (left):
c29c97e6117affc0c3377d43d660e376.jpg

So was thrilled with what I saw this morning :weeeeeek just had a thought I've got 2 maybe one is doing pale and one doing dark?? Aww well we'll see :love

Congraulations. That's soooo eggciting.:clap

Thanks everyone! This time next year hope to have bred some green layers with what I have too :ya:jumpy:yato have even more of a mix!
Yes, time will tell.....Marans eggs can start lighter until after the first few and the 'machine' gets tuned up.
They can also get lighter as the laying cycle progresses.
That is what I read - if it is the same pullet she is obviously getting her 'sprayer' sorted as there were lots of really, really dark spots :lol: -I look forward to seeing what they both settle into. I have also read that after they have a break for a moult that they'll be a bit darker again than the end of the season before (but never as dark as the first season). Is that what you've found too?

I have also read that after they have a break for a moult that they'll be a bit darker again than the end of the season before (but never as dark as the first season). Is that what you've found too?
The one Marans I have seems to be darker this season than the prior one(which was her first).

Back
Top Bottom