Overdue eggs won't internally pip?

Swiftblack

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
I've already made a forum but its been like 5 days and i still don't know what to do.
I have 3 cayuga eggs im almost certain are alive, because they're wiggling and have been for around 5 days. its day 31 and still no internal pip. The incubation at first had horrible low temps so i understand the delay, but i'm afraid it might be an emergency at this point and i doubt assisted hatching is wise without the internal pip. i had 86% degree humidity but i lowered it to 70-75% just in case it was too high, the temp has been from 98-100°f because i've had mixed answers on how the incubator should be set right now.
Is there a serious problem going on or are they just extremely unusually late bloomers?
I've candled them and the air sacs in one or two look okay but i can't see much except veins in one. Is there anything i can do? What are the chances of survival?

Update: I float tested the one i thought was dead because its never wiggled and its alive and peeped gently in my hand! Does this mean its internally pipped for sure?

Second Update:
I candled and after turning the egg a little bit for a second i found a beautiful little beak in the air sac!!! THANK GOD!!!!
But it hasn't wiggled at all, will it be able to hatch?

Last edited:
Peeping indicates popping because they are breathing oxygen.
Is your incubator still air or forced? I say let them do their thing and try to watch your humidity, seems a bit high to me.

Is 70% really that high? and its still air.

I believe I have giving some good advice already about your hatching but if you need second opinion or don't trust me. That's cool, I'm sure Rachel will give you the exact same advice, in fact, I can already see that she has....

I was asking about assisted hatching ._.
I was panicking and afraid i would be too late.
I have peeled the shell very gently and hes doing better, plus all four eggs have externally pipped and here's a beak

thanks for the help!

So, I've read so many things about temp and humidity, I just don't know now. My ducks seem to be having trouble internally piping. Could those be a factor?

Back
Top Bottom