OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

I'm glad you activated it! It works much better that way. I would wait until it's dry or almost dry. I would ventilate it some before you put them back. Even if you run a fan for a bit.

About 3 years ago I purchased some bottles of Oxine from an on line poultry site. It is great stuff, but be aware that it does not store will long term because the plastic bottles deteriorate.

I went to get a bottle of it just 3 days ago and found 3 of the 4 bottles EMPTY! No, someone has not been using it when I'm not looking, all of the bottles were separating at the bottom and it had all leaked out! Kinda expensive lesson. I will put it in a glass bottle when I get it from now on. I don't know if it needs to be in an opaque container tho. But I will keep it in the dark between uses.
Now this is good to know. I'll change mine out. Thanks
highfive.gif

I'm glad you activated it! It works much better that way. I would wait until it's dry or almost dry. I would ventilate it some before you put them back. Even if you run a fan for a bit.
I have been following--question:Wait til dry and ventilate, add the chickens back the same day IF everything is dry or very close to it? I understood that to be so, company website said to ventilate 1 hour, just checking- I was planning that.
Mine is in the original shipping container from arriving this week. do I need to put the whole gallon in glass? of just decant out of the sprayer each time?

Last edited:
anyone ever use oxine in a mister for people? I've read of the wonderful results people get for animals. So many people suffering a bad cold/flu this year. Just curious. It can't be bad, but don't want to turn anyone into a guinea pig in my curiosities
wink.png

Last edited:
I've used it in non-activated form in a cool mist humidifier when someone in the house was sick. I found it gave me a slight headache feeling when I breathed the mist directly up close, but feeling went away as soon as I would move away. I didn't notice any other negative effects & I think it did help minimize contagion, & probably helped reduce length of sickness.

I've used it in non-activated form in a cool mist humidifier when someone in the house was sick. I found it gave me a slight headache feeling when I breathed the mist directly up close, but feeling went away as soon as I would move away. I didn't notice any other negative effects & I think it did help minimize contagion, & probably helped reduce length of sickness.

Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate hearing about what it did. :)

For those who have used oxine to cure respiratory disease in chickens, I am curious. After full treatment, do the birds remain carriers? I have not had to deal with respiratory disease yet, but want to be prepared just in case.

For those who have used oxine to cure respiratory disease in chickens, I am curious. After full treatment, do the birds remain carriers? I have not had to deal with respiratory disease yet, but want to be prepared just in case.
Once birds recover from a respiratory disease they will remain carriers, regardless of what they were or were not treated with during the illness. Length of time they remain carriers depends on the disease they had, some create carriers for life, others they remain carriers for a shorter time. Birds are not truly "cured" with any product, whether it be Oxine or antibiotic's.

Depends on what the disease was... not all respiratory problems make them carriers for life.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom