Painting or Waterproof sealant on coops

rocketdoctor

Chirping
12 Years
May 10, 2010
I know this has been brought up before but whats the best way to Treat a run made out of Doug fir (Water seal,paint or stain). Ive heard that things like Thompsons wood sealer is good but it needs to be reapplied regularly which I my main concern because after attaching wire it would be difficult to paint or stain over it. . Is regular exterior latex work well and last? Is there a good thread here that covers options. This is for a coop in California so no snow but also we have different types of paints/sealers available.

I know this has been brought up before but whats the best way to Treat a run made out of Doug fir (Water seal,paint or stain). Ive heard that things like Thompsons wood sealer is good but it needs to be reapplied regularly which I my main concern because after attaching wire it would be difficult to paint or stain over it. . Is regular exterior latex work well and last? Is there a good thread here that covers options. This is for a coop in California so no snow but also we have different types of paints/sealers available.

Thank you so much! Some people recommend that you sand the lumber first did you bother to do this?

Back
Top Bottom