Pale and dry comb

How were you administering the Nutri-Drench?
Glad to hear her crop was empty.
The yellow droppings are of concern, it can mean she has a reproductive disorder or liver problems.
I tried to use a syringe but I bought some that were way too big and fat so I couldn’t use them. I have been putting it in her water since she is hydrating. I gave her scrambled eggs and she ate a little. We soaked her in an epsom salt bath today. She’s just laying there and doesn’t get up much. I’m not sure what else to try. I feel so bad for her😞

I tried to use a syringe but I bought some that were way too big and fat so I couldn’t use them. I have been putting it in her water since she is hydrating. I gave her scrambled eggs and she ate a little. We soaked her in an epsom salt bath today.
Ah, a smaller syringe would work better. I have some 1ml syringes and they're great, but they don't hold much in them. But putting the Nutri-Drench in the water will be just fine.
Keep up the care you've been giving her. :)
She’s just laying there and doesn’t get up much. I’m not sure what else to try. I feel so bad for her😞
I'm so sorry. :hugs

I'll tag some experts, they know more than I do.
@azygous @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive

The dark comb is often an indicator of cardio/pulmonary issues. Listen carefully to her breathing. Does it crackle like crumpling cellophane?

A dark comb can also indicate multiple organ failure. The yellow in the poop can also support this hypothesis, meaning the liver is failing. Is she drinking a lot of water? That's also a symptom of liver failure.

There is also another possibility - lymphoid leucosis which would be the underlying pathology that would cause all of the above.

I'm sorry. Your hen is very sick, and may be in her final weeks. Supportive care to make her happy and as comfortable as possible is what I suggest, meaning keep doing what you've been doing, but it's not likely she will get better.

Ah, a smaller syringe would work better. I have some 1ml syringes and they're great, but they don't hold much in them. But putting the Nutri-Drench in the water will be just fine.
Keep up the care you've been giving her. :)

I'm so sorry. :hugs

I'll tag some experts, they know more than I do.
@azygous @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive
Thank you so much. My husband told me today that she smelled really bad, even after the bath. We lost a chicken last summer and he said she smells like the one that passed. I don’t even know how to take that🥹

The dark comb is often an indicator of cardio/pulmonary issues. Listen carefully to her breathing. Does it crackle like crumpling cellophane?

A dark comb can also indicate multiple organ failure. The yellow in the poop can also support this hypothesis, meaning the liver is failing. Is she drinking a lot of water? That's also a symptom of liver failure.

There is also another possibility - lymphoid leucosis which would be the underlying pathology that would cause all of the above.

I'm sorry. Your hen is very sick, and may be in her final weeks. Supportive care to make her happy and as comfortable as possible is what I suggest, meaning keep doing what you've been doing, but it's not likely she will get better.
She is drinking a lot of water. Do you know what causes lymphoid leucosis or liver damage? Can we have done something different? At what point do you put a chicken out of its misery?🥹 Thank you.

Thank you so much. My husband told me today that she smelled really bad, even after the bath. We lost a chicken last summer and he said she smells like the one that passed. I don’t even know how to take that🥹
Oh no, maybe she has an infection or something. :(

Back
Top Bottom