pale frothy poo....

ukchickengirl

Songster
12 Years
Sep 5, 2007
Toowoomba, QLD
Have posted this before but cant find it!!!

I have one hen who is fine in herself - eats and drinks with the other 3 but looks smaller than the rest and also her comb has never grown and gone a "hen red" like the other girls.

I worm them as per worming instructions and that hasnt helped and now the other 3 girls are all laying and she isnt - i have the 2 chicks (one roo one pullet) that i want to put in with them at the end of this month (they will be 16 weeks) but want to sort this prob out 1st.

Any suggestions (live yoghurt?) and also (sorry to say it) but would you eat a chicken that had this problem?!
idunno.gif

Thanks for any replies - i know its tough to comment when we've got different practices and names for things!

H x

Hmm.. could be something genetic if worming has not helped and her coop mates are the same. Personally, if she looked "healthy" I'd still eat her. Frothy poo makes me think maybe worms got away?

As for worms, sometimes you cannot see them in the poo with your eyes. I suggest taking a sample to a vet and having a "fecal float" done, as it will increase chances of seeing what types of eggs may be in the poo. If that is not an option and food is, I'd go with food.

Back
Top Bottom