Pamprin is a joke, Midol is worse - somebody help me before I lose my mind!

canesisters

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 18, 2011
Virginia
All right ladies, you all know what I'm talking about. On top of all the rest of the monthly misery, the mood swings are driving me insane. I never used to have any trouble and I couldn't understand what the big deal was when some of my friends would wail and whine about it. But as I've gotten older - it's gotten exponentially worse. Regular old ibuprofen takes care of most of it.. well that and keeping a few clothes at least one size larger.
roll.png
But this happy/sad, content/distraught, smiling, crying thing has got to stop. It is not ok to want to snatch someone bald because they said 'Hi' and it is not ok to burst into tears because the trash has to go out.
big_smile.png
hit.gif
hu.gif
sickbyc.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
hu.gif

I read another one of your posts, where you said you were very depressed. Maybe you should talk to a doctor, maybe you have clinical depression (and I'm not saying that your monthly "visit" isn't somewhat to blame for some feelings, but maybe not all?) Anyway, I hope you get feeling better! Good luck,
hugs.gif

Try good ol' plain ibuprofen.

My father is a physician and mother is an RN and both of them swear by it, explaining that ibuprofen works better than acetomeniphen or aspirin, SOMETHING about it seems to target uterine pain.

Also in Michigan we have unlimited access to a type of soft drink (or pop as well call it here, eh?) called Vernors. Non-Michigan people tend to gag when they drink it, but it is made with real ginger and has been proven to help cramps and pain for women.

You could also try a ginger-based tea

Good luck and I feel for you.

Have your hormone balance checked. A few years ago I was the same x2 as not only was my "time" screwing with me but also my daughters and her time was a week off from mine. So I was basically having about 5 good days a month. My chiropractor/homeopathic dr got me to do a salvia hormone test. And it came back that my estrogen was way off the charts. Probably didn't help that I was at the beginning to head toward menopause. Anyways started on a natural progesterone and my husband started swearing he could tell if I skipped a day.

Might also check out primrose oil. My DD takes that at least two weeks before she starts. Without it she has cramps so bad she's nauseated to the point of throwing up from cramps.

Try good ol' plain ibuprofen.

My father is a physician and mother is an RN and both of them swear by it, explaining that ibuprofen works better than acetomeniphen or aspirin, SOMETHING about it seems to target uterine pain.
Not really in pain, just having ridiculously random mood swings. Pain I can deal with. Living in an episode of the old I Love Lucy, not so much.
big_smile.png
hit.gif
big_smile.png

I read another one of your posts, where you said you were very depressed. Maybe you should talk to a doctor, maybe you have clinical depression (and I'm not saying that your monthly "visit" isn't somewhat to blame for some feelings, but maybe not all?) Anyway, I hope you get feeling better! Good luck,
hugs.gif
Clinical depression? Geez, I hope not. That's scary.
hide.gif
I had a friend who was given some meds for depression a few years back. The meds didn't make much difference. Except that after changing jobs and having to get her own insurance, she discovered that she was nearly un-insurable because her records said she was 'Clinically Depressed'.

Of all people, my father - NOT a Dr. told me to take calcium for cramps. That cramps were caused by a lack of calcium in the blood...seems like it worked. I'm a Midol gal myself. But I used to walk around this time of month with a pack of tums on me eating them like candy. I feel your pain, just closing another month out myself and this month has been an emotional roller coaster. Crying and laughing all at the same time and not sure why??? Then angry at anyone that even glances in my direction, as if to say - "Yes, I'm PMSing my bum off what about it"!!!!
We're with you girl, hang in there!!

ugh, I know what you mean by not having mood swings and then bam!!
th.gif
I always wondered what they meant by having mood swings during PMS.
hu.gif
I never had them until this year. ssooo
rant.gif
sometimes I just want to rip someones head off and the next min I am FINE!!!
he.gif
I take top care because if I don't, I have such bad pain that I get very, very sick. I wish there was something natural that I could take as I DON'T like how the top care makes me feel. one thing I did find was drinking organic milk gives me a lot less pain!! it takes a few months of drinking the organic milk whenever you use it, in coffee, tea or just plain drink it. but you have to use it all the time, I found that if you skip once a couple of days before you start, you can feel the difference!!!!

Back
Top Bottom