Oatmeal in hot water to soak overnight with ~3/4” thick pad of butter

Just now added
~1.5 tsp turmeric
6-7 shakes of cinnamon
~1/8th tsp of black pepper
~1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
~1/6 tsp smoked paprika
Some honey to sweeten “just enough above the cayenne.”

The *warmth* can be nicely felt all the way into the stomach.
View attachment 3656381
So this is the quantity of powders before I put boiling water on it for overnight to enjoy tomorrow on breakfast.
BAC7A886-2980-43E5-9FA9-837D94CE8B0A.jpeg

It’s multi-layered chicken soup today.

The base was a package of Kroger brand “stir fry” veggies with a teriyaki (sp) sauce that also had several strips of cracked pepper bacon across the top of it. Had a bunch of cabbage in it.
2nd go-round added some more cabbage shredding, chopped up some fresh asparagus on this 1st reheat of that veggie mix with some chopped up chicken white meat leftovers.

3rd reheat added 3-4 cans of veggies: sweet corn grilled, green beans, carrots & cauliflower mix, sweet peas & chicken bone broth.

Last night some leftover rotisserie chicken was steamed to make broth last night. Pulled the chicken into the bowl (picture below) then added rice, a couple large pads of butter, some spicy Thai seasoning blend with extra smoked paprika & a dusting of cayenne. Let it slowly cool over night.

Now about 30 minutes ago pulled the rice out. Put 1/2 the rice back in 1st; next was one Tupperware of that veggie soup mix; 3rd was other 1/2 of the rice; 4th was 2nd Tupperware of the soup mix; last was the rotisserie chicken parts on top…..

Gonna let it simmer for the next several hours…

IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

Pantry-Puhloooza

1st things 1st. This is a leftover roll over quad-plex.

Started with a can of the veg-all, a 10oz bag of frozen green beans & 1 cup of rice & curry blend plus other seasons in the instapot.
IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

At the same time, these breaded pork chops are in the toaster oven.
IMG_5912.jpeg
Had a cabbage based salad while it all cooked.

All the extra was put in the fridge over night.

Had a 2nd go round for either lunch or dinner the next day. The leftover was split evenly in two plastic containers & frozen for a time.

2nd round

The bag of beans is rinsed & soaked as directed for the day as I started it early that morning… yeah, yeah… early equals ~10am.

So about 7pm that evening the beans were evenly tupperware style split up into 3 batch’s.

1/3 in the instapot

The other 2/3’s in the Tupperware and in the fridge for a few days.

That same evening the rice bag was instapotted with that 1/3 of beans. Added those spices in a modest amount.
IMG_5908.jpeg

That was then allowed to chill and Tupperware overnight. As you can see 5 containers in that picture waiting for me to try a different mix and the extra will get frozen tomorrow.

Now it’s the next morning. I decided to mix it up even more.

1st layer is the small batch of just beans.

2nd layer is the 2nd can of the veg-all (did not drain it)

3rd layer is the curry veg-all, breaded pork & rice mix from a while ago, now that it’s thawed out.

Instapot for “rice” and then let it “keep warm” for nearly 7 hrs when I made a bowl for dinner tonight and the rest will get frozen - fo’sure!
IMG_5907.jpeg

Will want to do this again.
IMG_5906.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5910.jpeg
    IMG_5910.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 1
A return to a very well loved dessert recipe: Hello Dollies

If you scroll back to post #188 & 190 you can see version [3.1] of the hybridizing.

Today is now a different direction. Sooo….
Version [4.0 Heart shape, 4.1 square & 4.2 small loaf tin]

The base has ALWAYS been a staple:
Crushed graham crackers saturated in butter.

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

Today that got turned up a couple notches.
4.0 got ~1/4 ratio of partially cooked large oat “oatmeal” to crushed graham & butter

IMG_6143.jpeg

4.1 & 4.2 both got ~1/2 ratio in comparison

4.0 substitute of crushed macadamia for the usual walnuts
4.1 got the usual walnuts
4.2 got a 50/50 crushed blend of both nuts

IMG_6167.jpeg
4.0 has the usual semisweet chocolate chips, followed by unsweetened coconut flakes

4.1 also has the usual semisweet chocolate chips, followed by unsweetened coconut flakes

IMG_6168.jpeg

4.2 got the mixup. Used the last of the scutterbotch :lau (family nickname since I was in pre-K years) and made a light layer of butterscotch chips then a thin layer of the nut blend, followed by the semisweet chocolate chips; then a second semi-thin layer of the nut blend; then the coconut flakes & the “glue”…

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6170.jpeg
Typically these bars are cut and usually end up being about 0.75-1.25 inches tall. The 4.2 batch is gonna be Tall. Twice as tall as the others.

IMG_6171.jpeg

A Thai influenced stew-like mix in the instapot:

1st in the bottom went to can of soup & some hot water
2nd went the chopped up sweet potato (all of it)
3rd was the “manager special” Chicken kabob (chunks of white meat, bell peppers and onions)
4th chopped up 1/2 a bunch of celery
5th was the can of the Masamam Curry mix
Added a little more water. Stirred it up nicely.

Set it to “rice” cooking and went out to mow.

Just the right amount of firmness & smoothness.
IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8228.jpeg

IMG_8229.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom