Parasite Identity Chart

20230623_085512.jpg

Thank you, all. These are great. @Eggcessive yes I am. I have got all the equipment, and as I don't drive getting to a vet is a pain. Although, hopefully, I will never require their services.
Some vets won’t do fecalz on chickens unless they are seen in the office. @Sue Gremlin posts about fecal floats and usually doesn’t mind confirming results. Here is another thread that might interest you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/doing-fecal-floats-at-home.1047614/

Last edited:
I did my first test as one of my girls has diareaha, although it could easily be due to the weather here in the UK, as its been really warm. She seems fine otherwise, apart from a little less active, which is the same with all of them, again due to the weather. All are eating and drinking well. Anyway, here is an image of my test, magnified at 400X. I can't find anything resembling what I see in the image. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230626_141057.jpg
    20230626_141057.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 32
I did my first test as one of my girls has diareaha, although it could easily be due to the weather here in the UK, as its been really warm. She seems fine otherwise, apart from a little less active, which is the same with all of them, again due to the weather. All are eating and drinking well. Anyway, here is an image of my test, magnified at 400X. I can't find anything resembling what I see in the image. Any thoughts?
There's nothing that I can see to worry about.

Is there anywhere where I can find (preferably online) a chart that depicts the different types of parasites found in chicken feces under a microscope?
I thought of starting a new thread, but perhaps you and others on this one could just suggest what type of microscope is affordable but still works to identify diseases and parasites in chicken poop. I don't have an issue but if there's no veterinarian for people to take a fecal sample to, then I think someone should come up with a decent way for us to do one ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom