Partridge Project

FuzzBucket is a little doll. I like her a lot.

You know if this last little guy doesn't have any marks on his wings I think I would put him in the porcelain project.

I have some new partridge babies. They all have great feet and toe feathering and have vaulted skulls. This first little one has feathers on all five toes and the highest vault.

These two are quite a bit darker that the first two.

FuzzBucket is a little doll. I like her a lot.

You know if this last little guy doesn't have any marks on his wings I think I would put him in the porcelain project.

I have some new partridge babies. They all have great feet and toe feathering and have vaulted skulls. This first little one has feathers on all five toes and the highest vault.

These two are quite a bit darker that the first two.

They are stunning. Really typy looking chicks.
I have paint x Fuzzbucket hatching now but none are strongly chipmunk marked. I'm not sure what to make of them. Your partridge hen is beautiful. I hope I get a female or two as pretty as her.

When the eggs in the incubator finish, I'm done for the season. Time to sort them into groups.

Here's a few shots I took this afternoon.

New baby

These babies will be going to the lavender partridge project.

Just a random shot with one of the partridge pullets.

This is the red buff and lavender boy getting quite "chesty".

Here is my Partridge boy at the LaGrange show on the 31st of August. He got best variety.

I had to activate my THIRD account because my computers wouldn't allow me access. So here I am again as Mumsy III. Oh well. My chickens have been busy.

The Partridge project has been fascinating, frustrating, and downright strange at times. My favorite Partridge boy was taken by a predator last Fall. I had to use a back up boy from a Paint x Recessive White project pen.

I really had no idea what he would produce.

He is very gold and red with either blue or Lavender under color. His first chicks have hatched and there was a bit of a suprise.

I don't have a great pic of him y;et. His name is Pup down. My friends toddler says "touch down" this way. I love using baby speak for names.

He is in an open pen with two partridge girls and two Silkie Barnies.

The white chicks are from my recessive pen. The Partridge chicks and pale lavender/buff chicks are from Pup Down.

The chicks are in the starting stage of feathering out juvenile bits. The most unusual of the partridge pairing is with Pupdown x Little Blue. They both looked similar as chicks from the same hatch. They look very different as adults.

Pup Down

Little Blue

One of their chicks is diluted. I think it inherited lav/lav. I don't know what to think of this chick.

Buff and self blue?

Last edited:

He just looks better in type each month. He is just now eleven months old. His color is stunning to my eye. I hope to get more chicks before the season is over. His mother was a recessive white so that must be where the light tail fluff comes from. His dad was my Catdance Paint. This was the prettiest male of the four partridge chicks from that mating.

The Partridge project using my Blue Gold boy is giving me a variety of colored chicks. Not surprising since he is by a Paint x white cross and I've only mated him to full sisters. I do love the surprises and so far it looks like most from the first hatch are female.

The other Partridge chicks I'm getting are from my Self Blue aka Lavender boy crossed with dark Blue. Also an occasional partridge chick from the Blue Cream aka Porcelain pen. I toe punch all chicks by pen and then zip tie them early to keep track of who came from who. I'm getting mostly gold and blue chicks. I'm guessing they will be split to lavender. Test hatching will confirm it later down the road.

He just looks better in type each month. He is just now eleven months old. His color is stunning to my eye. I hope to get more chicks before the season is over. His mother was a recessive white so that must be where the light tail fluff comes from. His dad was my Catdance Paint. This was the prettiest male of the four partridge chicks from that mating.
Good Golly Miss Molly I like him!!! I haven't been on here in so long, but I am getting ready for a show in a couple of weeks and thought I needed to brush up on my Mumsy pictures. I'm glad I don't have to compete against you! Ha! Ha! Ha! How are you doing???

Back
Top Bottom