Pasty butt / feathers missing and belly swollen

kelli joiner

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2023
Hey I have a 8 week old barn yard mix frizzle, that overall is acting like nothing is wrong, I noticed that she had a pasty butt, so I brought her in and soaked it to clean it. I noticed that all her feathers below her vent are gone and her belly looks swollen as well as her vent. I check their vents once a week or so just to make sure that they are ok, I have 9 others and everyone one else is good. Last time I checked was about 5 days ago. I am out there regularly and usually sit in the run in the evenings for a little bit before putting them in the coop and everyone acts normal. They haven't started using their roosting bars yet. I didnt know if maybe she is laying at night in her poop.... I am worried I dont want anything to happen to her. She did poop several times and it was brown with white peak and once it was runny and yellowish.

Attachments

• Laurens bottom.jpg
    Laurens bottom.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 54
Unfortanately, she passed away. She acted fine and was behaving normally when I let them out of the coop into the run. A couple of hours later I went to check on them and she had passed.

Back
Top Bottom