Pat on the back

kayceb

Songster
May 4, 2015
Prairieville, Louisiana
IMG_0415.JPG
Not sure if this is the right place to post but im happy and want to share!

In three days my little chickadees turn a month old!! I wont lie, i thought for sure i was in over my head getting these beautiful birdies and I definitely thought id lose one or two! (Only three weeks and they were jump/flying out of their brooder!!) But a month has gone by and they now respond to my voice and are healthy and happy! Which makes me happy!! I think i just might be ok on my journey! So yay me!!! And thank you for reading!

(Also picture is a week or so old)

Yay!:wee Congratulations! New babies can definitely be overwhelming or intimidating, but the reward of fresh eggs, cute fluff butts, and endless hours of sass and confusion that makes you laugh and smile makes it all worth while. For me at least.. :D

Yay!:wee Congratulations! New babies can definitely be overwhelming or intimidating, but the reward of fresh eggs, cute fluff butts, and endless hours of sass and confusion that makes you laugh and smile makes it all worth while. For me at least.. :D
They are currently deciding on pecking order and that alone is funny to see!

Do you all tell the difference between your chickens based off physical features or their personality?
Both. For birds of the same breed with seemingly indistinguishable markings it helps to mark them(i use zip ties as leg bands) which allows you to tell one from another at which point you note the personality traits and previously unnoticed physical differences and before you know it youi are telling those *identical* birds apart without even looking at the leg band.

Do you all tell the difference between your chickens based off physical features or their personality?

It's depends on how far away I am. Usually I can tell but looking. But two of my sexlinks are almost identical so I sometimes look for who they're with, because I find some chickens like to hang out with some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom