Pea Eggs Scheduled to Hatch?

DAS what colors are your new babies? The little yellow one has such pink feet.
White and India blue
smile.png

All of the pics are soooooo cute! Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!

This year was my first year hatching peas, so the final count for the year is 3 peas. I really love my white pea. I'm so excited. He is growing and soaring like a plane in the sky. The other 2 are pied. I"m not sure what I will do with the pied but I do know that I am keeping the white. His name (let's hope it's a male) is Prince.

I have collected 7 eggs so far from the girls. I said that I WOULD NOT hatch anymore because it is too stressful but I ended up putting them in the incubator last night. I"m so krazy. I still have about 6 eggs under a few broody hens.

When do the pea hens STOP laying eggs? I want them to STOP!!! I have had enough. :/ I can't just throw away the eggs. It seems like such a waste. So, I guess until then, I will hatch. And I don't want to sell the eggs because I don't know if all of them are fertile eggs. :/

wow, all of you that was able to hatch them are so lucky! I tried 13 eggs in my LG incubator and and out of the 13 we had 7 that were fully devolped in the shell. But they all died in the shell some didnt have the yoke all dried up inside. I followed directions that i had. They are the 28 days. the humidity 60% until the last 3 days I raised it to 80%. I did the turning every 3-4 hrs except the last 3 days of course.

howeverr I just got a Leahy incubator and I am not sure how to use it.

If anyone has any tips on peafowl eggs or with the incubator please please let me know.

All of the pics are soooooo cute! Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!
This year was my first year hatching peas, so the final count for the year is 3 peas. I really love my white pea. I'm so excited. He is growing and soaring like a plane in the sky. The other 2 are pied. I"m not sure what I will do with the pied but I do know that I am keeping the white. His name (let's hope it's a male) is Prince.
I have collected 7 eggs so far from the girls. I said that I WOULD NOT hatch anymore because it is too stressful but I ended up putting them in the incubator last night. I"m so krazy. I still have about 6 eggs under a few broody hens.
When do the pea hens STOP laying eggs? I want them to STOP!!! I have had enough.
hmm.png
I can't just throw away the eggs. It seems like such a waste. So, I guess until then, I will hatch. And I don't want to sell the eggs because I don't know if all of them are fertile eggs.
hmm.png
It's addictive. I have 4 more due to hatch the 6th or 7th of August. 3 are promising. I did give an egg away I just got. I think the 3 weeks of 90-100+ weather stopped everything for laying even my chickens quit. Stan and I want to take a few days vacation Labor day and getting eggs turned watching humidity might be to complicated so am not sure I want any growing at that time.

wow, all of you that was able to hatch them are so lucky! I tried 13 eggs in my LG incubator and and out of the 13 we had 7 that were fully devolped in the shell. But they all died in the shell some didnt have the yoke all dried up inside. I followed directions that i had. They are the 28 days. the humidity 60% until the last 3 days I raised it to 80%. I did the turning every 3-4 hrs except the last 3 days of course.

howeverr I just got a Leahy incubator and I am not sure how to use it.

If anyone has any tips on peafowl eggs or with the incubator please please let me know.
There is a lot of help here. I won't give you any as I had 1 healthy chick hatch out of 8. 0 out of 6. Got advise from a pro to run higher humidity giving that a try with these. It just boggles my mind that so many get one or two. Why one hatches and not all fully developed makes no sense to me.

The only advice I would give you is to drop your humidity down. I run mine about 45%. If I run it higher than that, I start having problems with the hatches.

I read to write down what you do with each hatch and sucess rate. No sucess then change your method. With chickens weather plays a part in your hatch. When you find what works go from there. Sad to have to make it an experiment but maybe that is the method to sucess. The outcome of not getting a reward though is heartbreaking. I have plans to build my own incubator as described on this site this winter. Some have had great sucess compared to the cheap quality of foam incubators I have read. Maybe more have failed I don't know. Might be a good thread to ask.

Posting a pic of my white pea that hatched on May 30, 2012. He was outside in the BIG yard on the back porch showing off. Well, I'm hoping it's a "him". ;)

Back
Top Bottom