Peach and Splash Goldens?

Omniskies

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Missouri
Before I came down with The Great Flu I had acquired a pair of Peach Golden pheasants and a trio of Splash Goldens from my neighbor who is moving out of state and had to sell everything. They had been living together and I have kept the colors together for now.

I've done as much research as I possibly can and can't seem to find much of anything about the Peach and Splash. Can anyone tell me anything about them or direct me somewhere with some information?

Does Peach produce Splash chicks, too? Should I keep all of them together or treat them as separate colors? Would it be better to remove the Splash cockbird and have the Peach covering all of the hens?

I CANT HELP YOU WITH GENETICS AS FAR AS THIS + THIS= THAT???
idunno.gif

BUT YOU DEFINATELY WANT TO SEPERATE THE 2 COCKBIRDS SOON AS SPRING IS COMING (I KNOW IT DOESNT LOOK THAT WAY IN MANY PARTS OF THE COUNTRY) AND LOVE WILL BE IN THE AIR SHORTLY... THIS WILL LEAD THE LADS TO FIGHT TO THE DEATH. SO I WOULD RECOMMEND SEPERATE HOUSING ARRANGEMENTS SOON OR YOUR CHOICES MAY WELL BE LIMITED BY THE NATURE OF THE BIRDS THEMSELVES BECAUSE AS FAR AS THE LADS ARE CONCERNED ITS WINNER TAKE ALL
somad.gif

AS FAR AS MIXING QUESTIONS YOU MAY TRY SENDING A PM TO SPECTRUMRANCH AS HE HAS MANY SPLASH VARIETIES AND MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IN GENETIC COLOR QUESTIONS?
hu.gif

GOOD LUCK WITH THEM AS THEY SOUND QUITE LOVELY

Urgh. I still forget that pheasants are demon-children. You're right - I'll separate them out. Thanks for the tip on Spectrum, I'll contact him and see if he can offer any advice on the Splash. Personally, I'd prefer keeping a Peach flock. The Splash are nice, but if they can't be used to produce more Peach then I'll probably just sell that trio off. There's just no space for another pheasant breeding pen, no matter how lovely they may look
smile.png

I don't know the genetics either,but you need to seperate now as the males are trying to court their hens for breeding.This happens this month so it needs to be done asap.
In N.H.,Tony.

Here is my understanding of the Peach/Splash/ CinnamonSplash birds. Splash goldens are like a pied. You can get a splash from any of the other goldens or i should say breed it into any of the other golden colors. My understanding is that Peach was the end result of Cinnamon Splash being breed together for a number of years. Peach can and often do throw Peach-Cinnamon Splash chicks. Now for your Splash, if they are Peach-Cinnamon Splash you could get some Peach from them. If they are Red or DT Splash then probaly not. Also the ones I have been around don't set their color untell 3 or 4 years old. That is why one of the guys who help develop this color would not sell his birds untell they reached 2 at the earliest. They are a little like Silver pied peafowl 1-2-1 offspring. If you wanted to get rid of the Splash I might be interested as I have not had them for a number of years now.

Back
Top Bottom