peach split to

Pedda,
I put the purple BS hen in with the IB pied plit white or peach as mentioned above. She has laid 4 eggs which he fathered and all 4 are fertile. It got cold again at my house and they stopped laying for almost a week. I put her in with the white split peach after she laid the 4th egg. I figure this is the only way to tell what these male birds truely are correct? I will count the next couple eggs as the pieds for the sperm can last up to 14 days in her if I remember correctly from what Deerman told me.

Ok, If I have an IB split to peach and I breed it to a BS purple hen what will the chicks be? I bought this male when it was a chick and only because it is suppose to be split to peach. Will it throw peach hens or purple hens?

I actually have 2 birds and this is the email I got about the background. One is white and the other is IB pied:

"Frank,
The white chick came from a pen that the male was peach and there were 2 hens with him. A white hen and a cameo hen.. The pied came from a pen that the male was IB and 1 white hen and 1 peach hen."

So with the above info can someone tell me which bird will have peach in it? I am thinking the white one will have peach because the father is peach and the pied is not unless the peach hen had pied in it correct?
Pedda I hatched 3 of the eggs from the pairing between the IB pied split white and the purple BS hen and all 3 chicks look white. They cannot be BS cause he is not so they have to be white. Deerman said she has no white in her and now I am wondering if he was wrong? Here are some pictures of the male, hen and the chicks. The males only has white flights so why he called him pied unless he was refering to dark pied?:

Shouldn't the chicks be IB looking? The hen is now with the white split purple, I hope I do not get all white birds from that pairing as well LMAO!

Last edited:
Yoda, the male you have pictured looks as though he may be split to BS. If you breed him to another BS hen ( other than the purple bs hen ) you should be able to know for sure. Otherwise just wait to see if the chicks colour out at all. If they end up BS, the male is split to bs, if they are white, your hen could be split to white as well, as it can be difficult to tell if she has any white feathers at all. In reality, it is possible that the male is split to both white and bs and the hen could be split to white if you get both white chicks and bs chicks. The first white chicks I had came from blue parents without any white on them. I also hatched out BS chicks from a breeding of a bs male and an IB hen split to white. This showed that my fathers original birds had been carrying bs, and out of all the birds we hatched, this is the single hen we kept and out of sheer luck, she is split to both white and bs!

Last edited:
Arbor I checked today and my purple BS does have 3 white flight feathers on one wing and 5 on the other. I am counting the ones that have no color at all on them. She has light brown on the rest of her flight feathers so I did not count those ones, just the pure white ones.

I saw a peacock at my friend's place once which his neck was brown like the cameo peacocks color, but his train was peach color, Should he be cameo split peach or peach split cameo? Or its something else?

I do have an india blue w/e split peach, if i paired him with a cameo silver pied peahen what should i get?

I wonder if Cameo split to Peach peacocks are lighter than regular Cameo but darker than Peach.....and if this is what the peacock in the picture is genetically. This would mean that one of his Z chromosomes has both Purple and Cameo, and the other has just Cameo. I vaguely remember a similar effect among cockatiels with regards to Cinnamon and Lutino -- males that are Cinnamon split to Lutino are sort of a "lighter Cinnamon" visually. They, too, have one Z with both mutations, and the other with just one.

:)

I wonder if Cameo split to Peach peacocks are lighter than regular Cameo but darker than Peach.....and if this is what the peacock in the picture is genetically. This would mean that one of his Z chromosomes has both Purple and Cameo, and the other has just Cameo. I vaguely remember a similar effect among cockatiels with regards to Cinnamon and Lutino -- males that are Cinnamon split to Lutino are sort of a "lighter Cinnamon" visually. They, too, have one Z with both mutations, and the other with just one.

:)
I remember someone here said he has cameo male split to peach, not sure who was, but i wish if he can tell us how his male looks.

By the way, is there any way that a w/e male with a silver pied hen will produce a white chick? Or it means the male is split white?

Back
Top Bottom