Peacock Pheasant Questions

I just found out I can get a proven girl here. Do you know if thats a boy or a girl chick yet Tony? Hint Hint
lol.png

Im gonna try. My friend somehow had the door open to his pen and the hen came back a coupla days later but no sign of his boy. So im going to trade him some quackers for it probably.

lol.png
Really it does suck though . I lost a male Amhearst one time cleaning their pen. But my worst one ever happened only about a month ago. The door to my big pen was open when I came out in the morning to feed. Every bird (about 50-60 )was out except for 5. A java boy,two cape teal and 2ruddy ducks. There was birds up in trees, way up the street. They were everywhere!!! I thought I was done. Believe it or not I got all of them back in except for about 2 dozen little baby ducks. The man upsatairs musta heard me praying. The best of the whole recovery was when I was trying to guide in a white peafowl with the door left open and out of the blue my whitefaced tree ducks flew right thru the door while she was walking back in! I had already written them off as gone cause I never saw them the whole time this was going on.What a complete miracle though. Just unreal I got them all back.

That is really lucky Shawn! How did you manage to get the ducks like the wood ducks and mandarins? It is hard enough catching them when they are enclosed...

The Silver and white wood ducks were on top of the netting trying to poke their heads thru to get in the pond. They flew down and I walked them in very slowly(worked the second time)First time they flew back up in the big oak over the pen.One pair of mandies were walking around outside of the pen.IOne female mandarin flew into a batting cage thats just like a pen right next to my lot. Now heres a miracle too. Only one corner of that netting was pulled up Only about a foot.The bird went in that little opening and I went in after her and got her after I pulled the corner down.The male was so worried about her I got him the next day trying to get at her from outside the pen. Again i just slowly walked him in.Found 6 ducklings in heavy cover on the lot next door that were manderins.But I lost my canvasback, widgeon and black bellied babies.That bummed me somewhat. But like I said one of the last birds to get in was when my white faced that came sailing thru that open door When that happened I said" "Thank you God" Cause I knew it was Him that helped me get em back in and it wasnt just that much luck in all of what happened
wink.png

Last edited:
I bet your heart just sank when you saw an empty pen.I have 1 door that is open to the outside all the other doors are inside so you walk from 1 pen to the next inside of each other.Cuts way down on loses.You can't see the door but it's just to the left side out of site in this pic.If you look close enough to the inside left you may be able to see the other doors.My hen hit the top and the wire lifted just enough for her to get out and I never saw her again.I did lose an impeyan hen when hi winds blew the door open.I found her about 1/4 mile away.
In nN.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom