Peacock Pheasant Questions

That is a good idea for pens. Shawn that is amazing that you were able to get all of those birds back. The doors to my pens have springs so that they close behind you. I have only had one duck escape before I had them in the aviary. Luckily I caught her.

I have doors that open to the inside. I guess I made em that way because Im taking more stuff in than out. But You are right if they have springs and open to the outside you should be set . Ay least nothing can push the door open.Which my brother said he watched a husky type dog do just that very next night after this happened BTW.He said he stood up without touching the electric fence and pushed on the door a coupla times before he threw something at him ti run him off.Was he just trying to make me feel better in case it was me that just left the door open? He swears it was true though.Its hell to get old and forget stuff and my wife swears I have alshiemer's
lol.png
Ill never really know for sure of course. I like the spring idea either way it opens. Im a sucky builder and my doors dont open easy any way. This fall I will redo some stuff including all my doors for sure. I may get my neighbor to help me. Hes a good builder. My master plan(when I get around to doing it and forking out all the dough for all of it) Is to go all chain link with the rest of my biggest pen as well as any future pens and put 2ft hardware cloth around the bottom part so babies cant escape and pretty much keeps most snakes and rats out. Ive always used chicken wire because it is cheap and forgiving.

Hi my peahen layed 1 egg 2 days ago and i read that they can lay up to 3 to 6. so far i only have 1 am wondering if they have a specific cycle time frame. Also i do incubate the eggs.
Thank you :)

This topic is old but I decided to give an update. I saw my first peacock pheasant, a grey peacock pheasant hen, at an auction in October. I could barely see her. Yesterday was much better! I went to get some ducks, and the guy showed me his new birds and pens, and brought me in to see his peacock pheasant. He has palawans and greys. They are so beautiful! I never expected them to be that small!

I am pretty sure she was referring to peafowl, or are peacock pheasant hens referred to as peahens? I love those greys! The ones I saw were very timid, and they are so small and delicate looking. If I ever get any I will start with greys. But I recall seeing a video on YouTube of a peacock pheasant on a guys hand, and it looked large.

I had seen 2 different people with peacock pheasant on softbill .com. They should be able to hook you up with some.

Back
Top Bottom