Peafowl Business Questions

Well I'm 16 so I can't do that yet sadly. On my website I'm making I state that my feathers are cruelty free and explained that the feathers weren't plucked nor was the bird killed to get the feathers. I've heard of some people that pay more for cruelty free feathers. If I do get as many peafowl as I hope I do I might be able to get over 480 feathers if they are just as good as this year with Colbolt. Right now I have 122 feathers that are sale quality. 92 eye feathers. I'm still collecting though he isn't done molting. That fly fishing store thought I wouldn't get 100 eye feathers and I'm almost there. $1 for each is the smallest deal I will take. I hope this peafowl business goes really well.
You could even get into making a few crafts with the feathers and selling that or using it as an example of what you can do with the feathers.

Those look awesome MinxFox!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks I love making graphics!

I will probably use one of my ideas but those logos are cool, and creative! I like them! I was thinking of having the name centered and then an IB, BS, and a White peacock flying of perched. IB, BS, and White are my top three varieties that I will be breeding. Haven't really decided though I have so many ideas flowing through my head for the logo. Name and details though have been mostly taken care of. I plan on selling chicks, feathers, and hatching eggs if somebody else wishes to hatch chicks out. I will list the prices on my website for each variety. How much do you guys charge for your chicks?
Haha I knew you would want to use one of your own ideas. I would too I just love making graphics I couldn't help myself.
tongue.png
That sounds like a pretty logo idea. I am not sure how much peachicks go for...I don't sell young ones but I am guessing around $20.00 but that might be too cheap? I am sure it depends on the variety also...

I'm going to have different prices for different varieties. I was thinking $20 for the whites since they are more rare than IBs, and BS in my opinion they would be the most expensive. I still like the logo though. It's really cool!

Last edited:
I was thinking $20 for the whites since they are more rare than IBs
According to some people the whites are VERY rare! Sometimes when I first tell people about my peafowl and then tell them I have white ones, they freak out and act as if white peafowl are very rare.
hu.gif

Sometimes you will see a photo of a white peacock with a caption like "Rare albino peacock" or something funny like that.

I don't want the chicks to be to expensive. I guess they are rare. Maybe $25 for whites, $20 for BS, and $15 for IBs.

Back
Top Bottom