Peafowl Genetics for Dummies (in other words us)

By the way I would love if one of the eggs turns out to be silver. It is still to early to candle but I am looking in daily like that is going to help them. Lol
You have such beautiful birds

By the way I would love if one of the eggs turns out to be silver. It is still to early to candle but I am looking in daily like that is going to help them. Lol
You have such beautiful birds

Thanks so much! Any of my pied pairs can and have in the past produced silver pieds, so if the eggs are marked p/sp, lp/sp, or w/dsp there is a chance it will be silver. I wasn't sure about the w/dsp pair, but last year they produced 2 silvers for us, she is a dark pied out of silver parents, so she apparently carries the genes necessary for the silver and he is a white out of the lp/sp pair so his mom is a silver. I just moved my first 10 eggs into the hatcher so send us good luck vibes.
fl.gif

Thanks so much! Any of my pied pairs can and have in the past produced silver pieds, so if the eggs are marked p/sp, lp/sp, or w/dsp there is a chance it will be silver. I wasn't sure about the w/dsp pair, but last year they produced 2 silvers for us, she is a dark pied out of silver parents, so she apparently carries the genes necessary for the silver and he is a white out of the lp/sp pair so his mom is a silver. I just moved my first 10 eggs into the hatcher so send us good luck vibes.
fl.gif
Three of mine are marked like that!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom