Peafowl with broken wing

I guess I should ask, will Tylenol or ibuprofen work? I don’t think I’ve ever seen children’s liquid aspirin. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place though

I guess I should ask, will Tylenol or ibuprofen work? I don’t think I’ve ever seen children’s liquid aspirin. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place though
I wish I could tell you for sure, my vet said children's liquid aspirin, I do not know the dosing on the other or if it is safe. I use a parrot cage for critical care birds to restrict their movement and keep a heat lamp on them. 85* is about right.

That’s ok thanks for the help. I can’t keep his wing wrapped anymore he managed to get it off earlier today and now every time I rewrap it he just takes it off. I’m at a loss cause now I don’t know what to do.

I don't know if either of those are safe for use in birds. You would have to do some thorough research to be sure but I do know they are not usually mentioned, whereas aspirin is definitely a safe and good alternative to meloxicam.

You can use aspirin tablets if you can't get the liquid. There are soluble ones you can dissolve or else you can crush the soluble ones or the regular ones up into powder. I have used this method successfully by mixing it into a small bit of food (something they will definitely finish eating straight away) or into the tube mixture if tube feeding. You would need to calculate the dose based on the strength of aspirin in the tablets you buy because this can vary.

Back
Top Bottom