Pekin bantam thread!

Oscarsgravett

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
East Sussex , England
I haven't got any of the breed at the moment but I am getting some of their fertile eggs to hatch and most of my life I have grown up with these beautiful breeds.I couldn't find a thread for the breed so here it is :) Post any pics or comments you have of them :).

Think this thread may be dead but thought Id post a few pics of my Pekin chicks!

They are 2 weeks old now and all will be sold at auction when they're old enough.

I have 3 x Pekin Bantams who I love to bits .. definite fan of the breed!

Aaaw, how could you ignore the Frizzle!
wink.png

I also have a Bantam Langshan and a Silkie .. the next flock member to go broody is definitely getting Pekin Bantam eggs.

Cilla:

Blondie:

LuLu (Pekin Frizzle):

And these little guys are Blondie's brothers who had to be found new homes (no roosters allowed):

Woo hooo!

Put me next batch in the incubator tonight so will hopefully have some more chicks to look forward to. My little guy died today, not sure what caused it, he seemed so active but maybe it was the stress of being an only chick? Or maybe something internal, I just don't know!

On a positive note here's some pics of my pekins :)

Monaco

The chocolate hens (don't have names) and also Cassidy my New Hampshire bantam hen

And Flay

Last edited:
i only have one pekin but i wish i had more the one ive got at the moment is very friendly and very bosy even though is is the smallest
this is her she is a cuckoo one called polly

she has one of the polish cross orpington chicks she hatched out in this photo and i have to say what brilliant mothers they are

Its great to see so many Pekin lovers all over the world, I have been breeding and showing Pekin Bantams for almost 20 years here in Australia. If anyone ever has questions regarding sexing, colours, genetics or care just post and I'll do my best to help you answer your question. I have also added a pic of the father to this last lot of chicks and also my last chick to hatch Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom