Pekin drake fighting khaki drake

Corinne23

Songster
Aug 5, 2021
My pekin drake is at it again. Tonight I caught him with his beak around my khakis neck going to bite down I have never run out of my house so quickly. I shoved the broom into the run and he let him go and my khaki came running out. I brought him into the house for the night. Because of all the smoke here in New York we didn’t separate them tonight so they could go into the coop away from the smoke and we hoped nothing would happen but within 15 minutes he started. I truly don’t know what to do anymore I can not have my Pekin kill my khaki he was our first duck and we suspect that my pekin killed my other khaki in October but we’ll never know. We just hatched khaki ducklings but now I’m afraid to eventually put them outside because he’s so vicious. My pekin is paired with my 3 other pekin girls every night we put up boards and leave my khaki with 1 or 2 of the pekin girls and put my pekin drake with the others I can’t do that once we put the ducklings out in 6-8 weeks. I just don’t know what to do

My pekin drake is at it again. Tonight I caught him with his beak around my khakis neck going to bite down I have never run out of my house so quickly. I shoved the broom into the run and he let him go and my khaki came running out. I brought him into the house for the night. Because of all the smoke here in New York we didn’t separate them tonight so they could go into the coop away from the smoke and we hoped nothing would happen but within 15 minutes he started. I truly don’t know what to do anymore I can not have my Pekin kill my khaki he was our first duck and we suspect that my pekin killed my other khaki in October but we’ll never know. We just hatched khaki ducklings but now I’m afraid to eventually put them outside because he’s so vicious. My pekin is paired with my 3 other pekin girls every night we put up boards and leave my khaki with 1 or 2 of the pekin girls and put my pekin drake with the others I can’t do that once we put the ducklings out in 6-8 weeks. I just don’t know what to do
You might try confining your pekin to a dog crate inside the coop at night

You might try confining your pekin to a dog crate inside the coop at night
I brought my khaki in the house and put him in the dog crate last night. Tonight is my pekin. As soon as we let them out this morning my pekin got my khaki. Now he is confined to their run while the rest free roam for the day

I hope that you were able to rehome your Pekin Drake that is so nasty. I hated to but had to rehome my beautiful Muscovy drake because he was so hard on all of the other birds whether it be male or female. He tried to mate my smaller Mallard/Rouen Drake when I had them together. Mating season is hard to deal with sometimes.

I hope that you were able to rehome your Pekin Drake that is so nasty. I hated to but had to rehome my beautiful Muscovy drake because he was so hard on all of the other birds whether it be male or female. He tried to mate my smaller Mallard/Rouen Drake when I had them together. Mating season is hard to deal with sometimes.
I made a duck Jail for him and after about 3 weeks of spending the night in it he learned his lesson now my khaki is being a jerk 🤦🏻‍♀️ so now he’s in duck jail most of the time.

I made a duck Jail for him and after about 3 weeks of spending the night in it he learned his lesson now my khaki is being a jerk 🤦🏻‍♀️ so now he’s in duck jail most of the time.
I have all of mine in jail as I just don't trust them this time of the year. My girls all have their feathers now and are looking good being separated from them. My young drakes are still being good and I am advertising them so that I can hopefully rehome them before they get feisty, lol.

Back
Top Bottom