Pekin duck can't walk!

We lost him today. So sad that I couldn't help him.
i am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I see some of you give tuna to the duck. I have same problem with my duck so i m wondering can i buy caned tuna from store that we humans eat and feed them that?

Also i dont have my ducks separated, they are free on 50x50 meters backyard, so any tips what should i do with duck that cant walk?

I put her near the watter but she moves away. I repeat she cant walk, but she moves with laying on the ground and pushing with legs and doing some kind of a weak jump.

I will buy started for little ducks in my sotre and i have brewers yeast to put in water and will go bath her one more time in warm water.

I hope she survives.

I just checked my backyard to put brewers yeast in water and i have see a male duck hopping my ill duck. And i think he did his thing and after that my ill duck was standing on two legs, but she is still weak.

Is it possible that my duck is tired and hungry because she was seating on the eggs for last 20 days?

Any tips what should i do?

EDIT: I posted 2 more posts about my ill duck but they are invisible, can moderators check them out.

Last edited:
You need to bring her and her eggs to a safe place where others won't harass her. You need to provide fresh water all the time with food very cooseby. Good quality layer feed, and bring her extra treats like thawed frozen peas, sweet corn - not more than two tablespoons twice a day - and mealworms or cat kibble. Keep her safe, give her plenty to ear.

There are no more eggs, 2 eggs that were left vanished today and duck is under one tree and is not moving. I only watch ducks, i never touch a duck before today when i needed to put her in warm bath and check that egg in her *******. Now i give her some water with brewer yeast and some fresh water and caned tuna and some special duck food for little ducks.

She eated some and drink some water. But still she cant move.

Must be i didnt provide enough food and water when she was seating on eggs. This same duck already give a birth to 2 other ducks, one of the two vanished. So now she have only 1 2 months old duck. And she was seating on 8 eggs for more than 20 days. So basicaly in last 90 days she was seating on eggs more than 50 days. So i m wondering if maybe she lost muscle on her leggs from so much seating?

All the other ducks are near her looking like they trying to help her in some kind of way. But the male duck hop her, that was pretty weird scene, he hopp her no matter that she is ill. So if the egg is stuck int he canal, would the male duck help with that while hopping it?

It might hurt her, though I have seen eggs forced out from hopping on top.

She is undernourished, and it is super important that she get nourishment. Calories, and quality nutrition. Some people syringe-feed or tube feed. I expect she is weak from not eating, and yes, I think leg muscles get weak from setting.

She really is in critical condition and if you are to help her it needs to be now.

Ohhh i cant do tube feeding this is too extreme for me, all i did is placed that special duck food in the box near her, she did eat some and i placed water near here and i will check trough the day where is she and move food closer to her. But it is weird why is she not eating more if it is hungry? I mean i placed the food right under her nose.

Back
Top Bottom