Pekin Ducks

Chickki

Chirping
10 Years
May 15, 2013
I bought 5 Pekin Ducks last June, (4 female, one male) & was told they were 3 months old. They looked full grown.

Never had Pekin Ducks, figured like Chickens, by 5 months they would start laying. One did in August, but has tapered off during the winter. However, the other hens never produced.

I had them on chicken feed, then switched to all flock feed. They don't seem to like scratch grains or corn.

Is it possible their older than I was led to believe? They eat a lot to not be getting eggs.

Are they kept in an enclosed run? Or do they have access to your full property? Ducks have a habit of laying eggs in hidden places far from their coop. It's likely they are just laying somewhere else. I'm guessing they sold you duck older than 3 months.
I bought 5 Pekin Ducks last June, (4 female, one male) & was told they were 3 months old. They looked full grown.

Never had Pekin Ducks, figured like Chickens, by 5 months they would start laying. One did in August, but has tapered off during the winter. However, the other hens never produced.

I had them on chicken feed, then switched to all flock feed. They don't seem to like scratch grains or corn.

Is it possible their older than I was led to believe? They eat a lot to not be getting eggs.

Back
Top Bottom