Pekin foot - is this right??

Helen_Jayne

Songster
5 Years
Jun 7, 2018
Sheffield, UK
Hi, this is a picture of my pekin hens foot. I've treated her recently for bumblefoot, not severe and it's almost healed. She also had scaly leg mite which I managed to shift with vaseline. But I'm sure her legs useful to be black. Can someone advise if there's something else
1000017002.jpg
wrong here? Thanks so much.

Hi, this is a picture of my pekin hens foot. I've treated her recently for bumblefoot, not severe and it's almost healed. She also had scaly leg mite which I managed to shift with vaseline. But I'm sure her legs useful to be black. Can someone advise if there's something else wrong here? Thanks so much.
You think her legs used to be black, is that what you're saying?

Could be she may have had some dark wash on the legs, but for a Pekin I believe they should be yellow, at least the back of the shanks should be.
Hard to tell leg color sometimes since they should be heavily feathered.

Looks like the SLM issue is starting to resolve. Possible what you thought was a dark wash on the legs was actually debris build up from the SLM.

OK thanks this is helpful. To be honest she did have a lot more leg feathers so I probably just assumed they were black. That was when I first got them before I realised all the possible foot problems chickens can get. I appreciate your help 🙏

Back
Top Bottom