Pekin is a belly dragger!

My prayers are with her.
hugs.gif

As of this morning, she hasn't passed anything. Still hopeful, as she seemed fairly energetic this morning, and she fought me hard when I was giving her her antibiotics. I'm hoping that is a good sign. She is eating and drinking as well as she ever has before, and she's pooping fine, so I am assuming that nothing is blocking her vent. That brings me a little piece of mind.

Still waiting to hear from the vet.

Any more news?

She didn't pass any eggs. So, after talking to the vet several times yesterday, and getting his personal opinion, I decided to take the plunge and send her in for surgery.

I dropped her off this morning, so she is probably in surgery right now. The vet will call me with an update once she is out.

She didn't pass any eggs. So, after talking to the vet several times yesterday, and getting his personal opinion, I decided to take the plunge and send her in for surgery.

I dropped her off this morning, so she is probably in surgery right now. The vet will call me with an update once she is out.
Let us know what happens. Pulling for her.

Let us know what happens. Pulling for her.

Thanks, Miss Lydia!

I just talked to the vet and she is awake and surgery went perfectly. He said that her uterus ruptured, and she has peritonitis. He pulled a whopping 3 lbs of eggs out of her. She is going to be on antibiotics for a bit, as we see if she can beat this infection. The vet is also giving her a hormone injection to try to stop her from producing more eggs while she recovers.

He told me that with peritonitis, the prognosis wasn't great, but she is a fighter, so I am remaining positive.

I'm glad she made it threw the surgery and I wish her a speedy recovery. My prayers are with you both.

Back
Top Bottom