Pekin Size?

LemonDoodles

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Huntsville, AL
I have two Pekin Drakes - 3.5 months (15 weeks) old. One is 4.8-lbs the other 7-lbs. They have been quite steady with their weight for about the last month. At this age, could they be done growing? I hope so, the small one even can get some air for a few feet sometimes!!!

Pekins dont reach there potential size until about a year old and for showing are at there max pontential till 2 years old, they wont grow much more in hieght they will get heavier though. you can usually tell what you have at 4 months old, but you have to think too birds dont grow well in hot weather so this really slows them down so they should continue to grow very slow. Pekin drakes should weigh 8 pounds as cockerels and 9 as adult 1+years giving a 20% varience either way 7.2- 10.8 pound range. but yours are really young they should still grow some!

WOW! I cannot even imagine Muddy gaining even two more lbs... that's almost 50% of what he is now at almost 4 months! Olive and his largeness can stay right where he is. (Though I do love he butt drag marks in the dew on the morning lawn).

Back
Top Bottom