Pellets or Crumbles???

Isnt that funny how different the chickens are?! Mine will not touch the pellets but gobble the crumbles!! I think it's because they had startngrow crumbles growing up.
smile.png

The other reason I like pellets is because they don't like the crumbles. I don't know why they don't like crumbels thats what they had when they where little. But I figure since they free range all day they get anough grit to grind it up also they have got another source for grit.

I feed mash that my local feed and grain makes.I have fed pellets and crumbles before but my chickens will anything that doesn't eat them first.
gig.gif

I really like using layena cause they don't waste as much and I don't have to suppliment oyster shells like i do with the mash.However the mash I get is $3 per 50lbs cheaper than layena so I have to use it.

Pellets cut waste, mine didnt seem to like the mash, but I only tried one bag. They are chickens give them pellets and they will adapt and eat pellets. Mine all prefer scratch, but if I dont give them enough to survive(and I dont) they will turn to the pellets. The babies get crumbles because its easier on them, but if it came down to eating pellets or dyeing, I bet the little ones could break up a pellet.

Its like my SO's cooking I would rather have anything else, but if that is all there is I am not gonna starve myself waiting for someone else to bring me a Sirloin Steak.
lau.gif
lau.gif
Pass the fish sticks please.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom