Penis prolapse

kacydecker

Hatching
Jan 23, 2023
So I don't know much about ducks but my kids got a couple for 4H. Our male Indian runner duck was limping a little so I took him inside for a bath. After the bath I didn't notice anything wrong with his feet but did notice a dark lump under his tail. since noticing it I ask a duck friend and they said it's his penis and it should resolve itself. I'm still a little worried. He's 2 years old and it's dark colored and kinda hard. I have read articles about penis prolapse in drake's and was wondering if there is anything I should be doing at home to help him.

Attachments

• 20230123_120236.jpg
    20230123_120236.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 77
Welcome to BYC, sorry your drake has this. Is a vet an option? I ask because it almost certainly needs to be amputated.

I'm not every experienced at all and it seems stuck in a ball kinda I'm not sure. Might try softening it with ointment for a day and then try to stretch it out. I may look for someone experienced in my area to help me

I'm not every experienced at all and it seems stuck in a ball kinda I'm not sure. Might try softening it with ointment for a day and then try to stretch it out. I may look for someone experienced in my area to help me
Grab the ball and pull gently.

I think cause it’s dark and hard it’s been out for Awhile
Unfortunately it’s probably going to need to be cut off
I have had one have a smaller prolapse but luckily I caught it right away and was able to keep it moist and clean till it went back up on its own
But I a friend had one not so lucky and she had ti cut it off
Her boy is fine and it’s been months

Back
Top Bottom