Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Okay, as I'm a genetic idiot, please explain! Is that why in pictures some are more powdery blue, some darker, and some almost whitish? That would be great, if they were all slightly(or even totally) different.
smile.png

The ones that have the black lacing look a lot like gold laced black, however you say it, I am not up on that!

does it qualify as holding up my end of the deal if i have a few broodies doing all the work.....have 2 silkie's trying to go broody, 1 jersey giant who I fight with daily to give up the eggs, and 1 leghorn who will not come out of the barn, i think she has a stash of eggs up there.???

IDK if it was here or the chicken math thread that I mentioned the problem with Chick Days, but I too am worried about Chick Days. I would like to keep my numbers as they are unless a hen goes broody. Even the BCM, Welsummers, and BO pullets are a goal for next year. And then we have 7 weeks of Chick Days at all the feed mills and TSC.
th.gif
Glad to know I am not the only one in trouble!

Our chick days are at The Mill around here, (even though there's a TSC 30 min. from me) The Mill is a one minute drive. Last year I brought home new chicks every time I bought feed. I'm in trouble too! Lord, help us all!!
hu.gif

Me too! Other women expect jewelry as gifts. The best gift DH has ever gotten me is a ditch. He rented a ditch witch, and put in a water line in it to the chicken area. It qualifies as the 'best gift' until the 'poultry palace' is finished.
I have NEVER been one for jewelry or perfume... not that I don't enjoy being female... just my preference isn't there for gifts. A few of mine over the years (and yes, these are what I had wanted/requested)
.... Chainsaw (recently upgraded to a bigger one... LOVE IT!!! )
.... Good quality circular saw with laser site
.... Framing nailer (air gun for up to 3" nails)
... utility wagon/cart for yard
.... air gun for roofing nails
.... Heavy duty cordless drill with work bag (am on second one, wore out first!)
.... high quality chisel set
.... air sander
... many, many other smaller tool sets
So I can totally understand the ditch being an awesome gift! If I had the location, that would be near top of the list for me also!
does it qualify as holding up my end of the deal if i have a few broodies doing all the work.....have 2 silkie's trying to go broody, 1 jersey giant who I fight with daily to give up the eggs, and 1 leghorn who will not come out of the barn, i think she has a stash of eggs up there.???
So far we've had one broody... she may be our first, but I sure plan that she won't be our last!! We have absolutely loved the broody thing, and it is so cool to watch them teach the youngsters... I will gladly find eggs for any of our hens who get in the mood. I'm sure we can find home for any chicks we don't have room for... like that would happen! LOL
hide.gif

I am hoping chick days are over by the time i can drive,,,, I will not be able to resist and I will have crutches to swing with when hubby says No.
gig.gif

From the Chicken Math page.
I will be tempted, but I am really hoping to find some quality breeding stock to bring into our flock, so will work on resisting... (note I did say 'work on'!! LOL)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom