Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks for the nudge.
wink.png
. MsLadyHawke is IN too! I think she's at the dragon picking up eggs.

LOL! She mentioned that! I think Happy Chooks missed you saying you were joining. She hasn't added you to the list yet, and she's been pretty quick about it. Not like it matters, right? When you post your pics and # set she'll figure it out when there's no where to enter you. I don't envy that job. There's been like 20 people a day joining, and now they're putting in egg#'s and joining. A ton to keep track of!
tongue.png

Well, my house is overwhelmed with poultry again
th.gif
Chicken math strike? I think yes. It all started with the usual drive to TSC to get feed. horrible mistake. I had Khaki Cs 7 years ago, so seeing baby duckies tore at my heart strings. And why not get some chickie companions for them? Came home with 4 ducklings, 6 RSL, 4 meaties, a buff rock and a white silkie. Ok, 16 isn't too bad right? and it's not like I'm keeping the meaties forever... literally 3 days later, my 4H leader passes. Club is in shock. Adoption process is organized for her 150-200 Adult birds. I come home with a pair of Wheaten Ameraucana bantams, a pair of standard Buff Ameraucanas, and a Splash silkie pullet. Unexpected, but hopefully everything will be fine!! Gorgeous birds... 30 eggs make it to lockdown. 7 out, 3 more pips. it's only day 21. NHR look like they're not going to hatch well, so why not order 4 more from my feed store in June? Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time
lol.png
Not to mention 15 Porter turkeys coming in June. Heritage birds, so I decided that I'll probably order 2 BBB and a blue slate from feed store. Blue slates look cool, why not?
gig.gif
So probably making that 18 turkeys...
Oh no! Soooo sorry to hear about your leader passing. Please let me know if I can help.

The color I really wanted was the blue, and the black. I have surprised myself by loving black chickens. My Australorp is my favorite. There  is something very crispy clean about the iridescent black against the bright red face. Love them!

That is what I have, blue and black. Love these birds. They are like chicken puppies, lol. Such good personalities! And they are just HUGE!

Oh no! Soooo sorry to hear about your leader passing. Please let me know if I can help.

Awe, thanks for reaching out Blarney :) Had the funeral and burial this weekend so It's been a long couple of days. I really don't know what's going to happen next, our co-leader Bridgit organzied a meeting for the adults and senior members to help get our club back together. Hopefully we can work past this and pull through!

I really need to learn how to use multi quote,,,can not remember who said what ,so...
Thank you for the info on sandhill...this has been bookmarked for farther research.......
I am downsizing, these breeds that i am looking into are the ones I would like to end up with, plan is to have 4 sections to the pen, it's hard to decide on only 3 breeds and still have the space for a whatever pen..
So sorry for all the losses, please be patient and not do anything hasty, these things happen especially at this time of year, birds can get sick from the weather and they hide it very well untill it is to late..

I need some patience of my own today,,,,Hot water heater went out...time to change the elements...a job I hate doing, I always make a mess....I am to cheap to pay someone else for what I can do myself though....off to the hardware store shortly...

I also cannot keep up with all the postings....I believe somebody wanted cochins...as of yesterday there were 20+ pullets at Pickering Valley Feed...there were 3 different colors but I can't remember which....

Picker
I also cannot keep up with all the postings....I believe somebody wanted cochins...as of yesterday there were 20+ pullets at Pickering Valley Feed...there were 3 different colors but I can't remember which....

Pickering valley! That's not far!! I need supplies so maybe I will go check them out!!

Back
Top Bottom