Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Y'know? Sometimes someone says something about a bird they have, and I am thinking, "Huh? When did you get that breed? What are you talking about?"
If I, who have no life, and spend too much time on this site, cannot keep up, how can anyone else? So to anyone that finds themselves flustered trying to keep everything straight, relax. It just doesn't seem possible.

Wingstone, You need to get your binoculars out and look for Sally again. She's MIA. The Hatch-A-Long set was at 12:00 noon today, and still not a peep from her, VERY UNUSUAL! I am actually really hoping she's okay?? Sally Where Are Youuuuu....
hu.gif

Oh, I don't know. The guy who shows up for a class 30 minutes late. Then wanders off 10 minutes into the class never to return. THEN when he makes arrangements for lunch...he's too busy gossiping to LEAVE!
I was through the class already. Brought Ed in and than went out to call Bruce and went down and brought him up and in. At break I went and chattedn it up with his brother who was in the truck waiting lol.
Oh, yes they suck. Mine was 2 weeks ago.
sickbyc.gif

Hatch, Hatch, Hatch.....Do It!!
jumpy.gif

Hmmm...Sounds just like me, but not the guy part, LOL!
I'm a chatty one
Love it! Looks easy to clean, too.

@Chad, Well.....what do you think it is?
IDK otherwise I wouldn't have asked lol
Forgot a few things already from yesterday,,,,,I have to bleed atleast 30 birds but what was the age , I seem to remember atleast 4 months of age but not sure...and the needles are they exspensive, and since I only have 2 ducks should i even include them in that 30....will have to decide who is staying and who is not before I do this, so anyone wanting birds needs to also choose what they want..
chad I also have alot of young roo's from the new year's hatch, these you can take with you when you show up for either turkey or hen's.....i may load them all up and send to auction if no interest,,,,i do not have the space to grow them out for the freezer right now....(and i asked hubby if i looked grouchy yesterday, which i wasn't,,,,he said i had that look of being tired and not having my top plates in,,,,,,,,,what can i say comfort is more important than appearance, and i am a true redneck.......

on a better note I do not work tonight,,,,go figure ..I drag my arse in there yesterday tired as h*ll only to be told ,,,hey we are slow this week so no one works friday night.........think I might take a trip to green dragon, maybe take a few roo's...never took birds in there so i would be testing the waters on that one,,,if i do i would not get there till about 6 , is that to late... a little afraid to go, since even though i would not buy any birds, hubby has been talking about putting in something to raise over the summer for fall meat, who knows what we could come home with,,,,,,i have been looking into hair sheep, but i can see him doing an impulse buy of whatever they have..
Needles and syringes are cheap at Tractor supply. You can get them at animal health stores as well as most feed mills that carry animal health supplies carry them too. I'm working this weekend, give me a jingle and we can work out the details.
If you can give those kinds of details with directions, you really do spend to much time at TSC.
lol.png
My thoughts exactly! Than again I know where they are too lol and end up guiding people around the store better than the associates lol
Newbie.... SW Pa, Near Seven Springs Ski resort
Welcome!!
Hey, there you are!
You gotta watch out for this guy, he wouldn't let Chad or Bruce get a word in edgewise yesterday!
Hehehe. You caught me!
LOL What are you saying?
What is that Wing? Very pretty!
I thought this was a simple answer once again for an experienced poultry keeper. That's a chicken. matter of fact a rooster and hen.
After meeting a bunch of you yesterday at the CPT class I was told to come find you. Well, here I am.

What details do you wanna know about me? I have 18 buff silkies of various ages, 6 white silkies of various ages and 2 blacks. I have a layer pen of barred rocks, hatchery quality but, **** they lay well. I have a pen of lavender orpingtons that are just starting to lay. I have a pair of splash LF cochins about 3 months old, gorgeous birds. I have 3 BC Marans directly from Bev Davis. And I have a pen of mixed babies that will go into the layer pen when the time comes.

I live in Spring Grove, which is South Central PA for anyone not familiar. Been a rural carrier with the Postal Service for almost 23 years. I have 3 kids, 24, 20 and 6. And, no, that was no a typo, they really are that far apart. Married to Brian who thinks they only good chicken is the one on his plate ready to eat.
It was good to meet you Joan!

This is my silkie. I think the other rooster and he had a disagreement. I don't think any of our cats could've done this. Opinions? He already looked a mess but now...ewww
Comb hammered
Hello! Im moving to south central (Hegins) PA the first week of April. I currently have about 50 birds that I adore! I wont be able to move them all, so will be hatching like crazy as soon as I get all settled in. Would love to get to know some chicken addicts in my area!
There are a bunch of us within an hr.
You have LF Cochins?! It's hard finding anyone with Cochins around here
sad.png
are you planning on breeding them
only a few miles away... I'm going too... come on over :)
Hmmm not sure why I quoted. Sounds like an enabler comment lol
A+ for effort!

I have mini-roosters right now and they will have to go! I have already told them about Uncle Chad.
Uncle Chad stories eh?
Wingstone, You need to get your binoculars out and look for Sally again. She's MIA. The Hatch-A-Long set was at 12:00 noon today, and still not a peep from her, VERY UNUSUAL! I am actually really hoping she's okay?? Sally Where Are Youuuuu....
hu.gif
I can go poke her if need be...with my finger of course. Maybe a flick...I'm not as violent as her with the
smack.gif
just saying lol

Just got back from 4H and fired up the incubator for Easter Hatch. I'll wait for it keep steady....and then IN they go!!!

I never made it to Green Dragon, so I've still got these Olive Eggers Chicks. I was also going to bring a Big Black Orp Roo as well as 2 Welsummer Cockerels... ARRRRGH! Was really looking forward to my feed bill going down!

Back
Top Bottom