Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have 6 each bourbon red and blue Slate in there.
So, some possible pure some possible mixed?
smile.png
Might be looking for slates in the summer, breeding projects and stuff
lol.png

My first chicks!
I am completely new to all of this. I have been wanting chickens for years but have just recently convinced my hubby. I ordered 15 Samon Faverolles last month and will be arriving in 3 weeks. I thought it would be a good idea to get a few from Tractor Supply (min of 6) before the faverolles arrive to make sure I can keep them alive. I got these 6 1.5 weeks ago and they are growing like crazy. I have 4 Red Sex Links and 2 Amberlinks....all sexed Female.
My question is when can you put them outside? This pic is from 5 days ago and they have since lost all of their fluff and now have all feathers. I have a heat lamp on them and it is now currently 75 deg. I will be moving the lamp up again this weekend to get the temp to 72 deg. Then I will remove it all together in another week since we keep the house at 70deg. Can I put them in the coop outside if I have a heat lamp on during the night?

My first chicks!
I am completely new to all of this. I have been wanting chickens for years but have just recently convinced my hubby. I ordered 15 Samon Faverolles last month and will be arriving in 3 weeks. I thought it would be a good idea to get a few from Tractor Supply (min of 6) before the faverolles arrive to make sure I can keep them alive. I got these 6 1.5 weeks ago and they are growing like crazy. I have 4 Red Sex Links and 2 Amberlinks....all sexed Female.
My question is when can you put them outside? This pic is from 5 days ago and they have since lost all of their fluff and now have all feathers. I have a heat lamp on them and it is now currently 75 deg. I will be moving the lamp up again this weekend to get the temp to 72 deg. Then I will remove it all together in another week since we keep the house at 70deg. Can I put them in the coop outside if I have a heat lamp on during the night?
IMO, as long as the temps during the day are in the 30's -40's, they are too young. You did say you would keep the heat lamp on at night. If you have time to visit them a lot during the day, you can try it,and see what their body language is. You may end up using a lamp 24/7 for a few weeks outside.

Back
Top Bottom