Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Just tell him you are going to make him in to bacon if he doesn't cooperate!! I feel your pain. Our dang fat shetland pony does the same thing!! My 6 year old can go in the field and halter him no problem. he sees the vet or farrier and he turns in to seabiscuit!! lol Never saw a fat pony run so fast!
I told him I am NOT MAKING HIM HIS PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH!!!!!! But he doesn't care what I say!!! He sees the vet, and all the sudden turns into Teenage Mutant Ninja Pig!!!! GRRRRRRR!

Aye. Murray McMurray wants over $100 for shipping and the earliest would be July 19.

I'm starting to feel like my dream of chickens laying eggs in my yard this Spring is not going to happen.

If you just want layers, not breed specific, I think wingstone has some from three new years hatch she may part with. Not sure how much she intends to reduce her flock.

Ouch! 3.21 oz.
I got 1 about that big from 1 of my girls over the weekend. Bigger than my duck eggs!!!

Thanks Silkie! It looks like some locals have some, but I was gonna check you out for some hatching eggs in maybe two weeks when my cochin bantams are done incubating? A boy who was over this weekend with my boys was so infatuated with my ducklings and eggs, and his mother said she would love for him to hatch one and raise it......then it will go to his Grandma's farm as his pet. I was gonna let him use my stuff to do the project. AND I LOVE PEKINS TOO. MINE WERE DOLL BABIES!!!
I'M PM ing!!!!!!!
Thanks Beaglady! Where are you? I'll PM you!
I have pekin eggs coming out my ears!!! 5 eggs per day from 5 hens. I call my babies the 7 dwarfs (2 drakes & 5 hens) because they march along in a line "singing"
gig.gif

Aye. Murray McMurray wants over $100 for shipping and the earliest would be July 19.

I'm starting to feel like my dream of chickens laying eggs in my yard this Spring is not going to happen.
I have birds for you, we just need to work out a middle man to get them there. I can go up to 2 hours 1 way if someone will meet me & send them on to you. Any 1 want to volunteer for this chicken train
fl.gif
There may be a free pullet or 2 in it for whoever volunteers
wink.png

Update on the critter. Set 2 traps last night with the dead birds as bait. Nothing in them. Everyone was locked up inside together last night. Today I am working on my Duck Hut (the addition to the back of the chicken coop). It is connected to the chicken coop by a large hole in the wall so everyone can go from one to the other.

Yeah, I think I'm all about the Buff Orpingtons. Everything I read says that they would be best around my son (a 5 year old with Autism). Probably looking at 3 (or maybe 4) of those.

it really is a shame you are so far out there, you sure you do not want to move to central PA..........I may be interested in some pekin ducks, no longer have my little boy ...waiting to see what hatches from the ducks that are already set.
I'm willing to drive 2 hours 1 way & I know there are other people from this thread in between. Hopefully someone will volunteer to help. I also have pekins hatching as we speak & more set.
wink.png

If I may vent......and sorry to get off the topic of chickens.......but.........I AM SOOOOOO NOT SPEAKING TO MY POT BELLIED PIG, HAMLETT, RIGHT NOW!!!
barnie.gif
I get the vet here for everyone to have shots and all, and darned if he didn't remember the vet, and having his teeth trimmed! So, everytime we got hold of him, he threw himself around and got away.......so I still had to pay the poor vet for his time, but Hamlett still has his snaggletooth til I ask hubs to build something to keep him still easier!!! BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!! That pig owes me $40!!! AND SINCE WHEN CAN HIS FAT LITTLE BUTT RUN??????
lau.gif

Just tell him you are going to make him in to bacon if he doesn't cooperate!! I feel your pain. Our dang fat shetland pony does the same thing!! My 6 year old can go in the field and halter him no problem. he sees the vet or farrier and he turns in to seabiscuit!! lol Never saw a fat pony run so fast!
gig.gif
OMG.... I can SO picture that! Amazing how selective their little memories are! I spent almost 2 hrs trying to corner a cat for a vet trip 2 wks ago, couldn't get him and finally called and cancelled the appointment. Hung up the phone and walked into the next room and there he was! and being all nicey nice about it too! So I promptly stuffed him into a carrier and called back the Vet's office and thank goodness they agreed to still see him!
If you just want layers, not breed specific, I think wingstone has some from three new years hatch she may part with. Not sure how much she intends to reduce her flock.
She has been trying to reduce her flock quite a bit.... but the hatchings and new chicks keep getting in the way!
gig.gif

I'm willing to drive 2 hours 1 way & I know there are other people from this thread in between. Hopefully someone will volunteer to help. I also have pekins hatching as we speak & more set.
wink.png
Wish we were further south or I would help out with that! Now if anyone up north or central is looking then drop me a line! We ae hoping to be down your way in the near future... Cabela's has a sonar unit we are hoping to get. My Mom just called and said she got their new flyer (I'm stuck at work so didn't see my mail yet) and it looks like it might be on sale... so hoping it is!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom