Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

For sunshine: here is my Hamlett.........but these aren't the good pics I was talking about. You can't see his face too well in these......But this is the culprit!!! BRAT!!! Will get a better pic tomorrow if I don't find my good one, so you can see "the look" he gives me.......sigh!!!
OMG he is all pig aint he! <snort... oink oink .....snort>

Pigs n' Dirt Dessert
http://thechickncoop.blogspot.com/2012/07/pigs-n-dirt-dessert.html

PERFECT for you!! LOL

I found this old thread and wonder what everyone thinks. I have just over 1 week old bantams. One had pasty butt yesterday and I cleaned it best I could. It chirped it's brains out afterwards letting everyone know how PO'd it was. Today it still looked pasty so I washed it up again this time using the recommended warm wash cloth ( just resting it's butt on it to soften it up) then I rubbed olive oil around the area. This chick is really hating me right now. So then when I'm done it prances around chirping it's brains out some more walking all tall and stuff. It's butt now looks like it has no fur because of all of this. Would anyone doing what this post describes on such a young chick? It does have some poo still stuck in its fluff.
I did this exactly after 2 days of messing with it and not really having much luck with a rag. Worked perfectly, the chick LOVED the water and besides the fact that the fuzz on that part of his butt was gone and he looked a bit bald, all was well and we didn't have another probem with it.
My lil barred rock had a pasty butt a few days after I got her. I hold her butt under warm running water and squeeze and work the dried poop until it fell off. No pulling or twisting, just squeezing at different angles. I had to do that one more time since and she's been fine.

add some ACV in the waterer and rinse its butt off, check several times a day, it could block them.
I wouldn't put anything on it, if its not covered other chicks may pick at the vent area. The poo is not bloody or white is it?
I've been doing the ACV and the poo looks normal. Yeah I was actually wondering if the other chicks would kind of clean it off by pecking at it some. Will be keeping an eye on it. Poor little butt looks bare lol.

Quote: awww yea I have a washroom sink that I run a stream of warm water and just keep working to soften it, I don't pull it. I had a serama chick die because I didn't catch it soon enough and it backed the poor mite up, so much came exploding out I felt absolutely terrible too, he died the next day : (

My lil barred rock had a pasty butt a few days after I got her. I hold her butt under warm running water and squeeze and work the dried poop until it fell off. No pulling or twisting, just squeezing at different angles. I had to do that one more time since and she's been fine.
These things are so tiny it's hard to hold on to them
wee.gif

Hey y'all a quick question; anyone in south central pa (no more than an hour or so from York pa) have silkie and marans pullets or hens for sale; maybe even chicks (she just does not want roos)? I have a neighbor who's interested ^^ and I promised I'd ask around. Got any leads for me?
big_smile.png
I have BCM & BlueCM. Near Wheeling, so no clue how far.
awww yea I have a washroom sink that I run a stream of warm water and just keep working to soften it, I don't pull it. I had a serama chick die because I didn't catch it soon enough and it backed the poor mite up, so much came exploding out I felt absolutely terrible too, he died the next day : (
Pasty butt will definitely kill a chick. You have to check several times a day & keep the tushie clean.

ancona duck eggs!!! 17 and shipped! NO ROLLING or LOOSE AIR CELLS!! 17 of them!!
ep.gif

I love SAS!
So I set them tonight along with some P/brahma and a ton of silkies for sara!
oh and there are 4 turkey and some eggs from Chooks in there too!
Who said the hatchalong is over?
th.gif

CHAD I think I need one of those GIGUMBO styro coolers from the hospital at this point! this one isn't cutting it anymore.
Sally, you need a freakin walk in cooler!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom