Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Just Googled Lebanon Fair, WOW! Looks like loads of fun! and did I read right? Free admission?? Oh My Goodness!!

Heather, are you showing there? This is our first year in 4H. Our county has not had a Poultry Club in over 20 years, so there is no one with experience to lead us. My children and I are stumbling through the preparations for showing our birds. We have to supply our own cages and I'm really not sure what size to get.... we've never shown before. I hope to get ideas this weekend at the Cecil County Fair in MD. We've been relying on U~Tube for videos of other kids showing, bathing, ect... so we can figure out what may be expected of us.

Hi! This is Jennie in Southeastern PA.

I am a newbie, 5 lovely chicks, 9 weeks old and 3 are roos! I need to find someone who may want a 9 1/2 week old dominique roo. Any ideas? I don't know what to do with him! Help Please!!

Quote: Every time i have been at rootz all they have are broad breasted White so im sure that they are if they where in a hatchery boxes.

Does anyone know anyone selling bobwhite quail

Just Googled Lebanon Fair, WOW! Looks like loads of fun! and did I read right? Free admission?? Oh My Goodness!!

Heather, are you showing there? This is our first year in 4H. Our county has not had a Poultry Club in over 20 years, so there is no one with experience to lead us. My children and I are stumbling through the preparations for showing our birds. We have to supply our own cages and I'm really not sure what size to get.... we've never shown before. I hope to get ideas this weekend at the Cecil County Fair in MD. We've been relying on U~Tube for videos of other kids showing, bathing, ect... so we can figure out what may be expected of us.

I have had chickens for years. I was going to show, then I changed my mind. The open show is on Saturday, and the youth 4-H one is one Sunday. I did practice grooming and it went really good. There are special cages that are used at the chicken show. I don't know much about them. I put a boat load of them together tonight. My county has there own. Were are you from???
What county are you in?

Hi! This is Jennie in Southeastern PA.

I am a newbie, 5 lovely chicks, 9 weeks old and 3 are roos! I need to find someone who may want a 9 1/2 week old dominique roo. Any ideas? I don't know what to do with him! Help Please!!

Hi fellow Southeasterner! I don't see many people on here from this part of the state. Welcome!! If you can't find him a home, there's always Craigslist.I have a Rhode Island Red roo on there right now. Someone will take him. BUT if you'd prefer him not to become someones dinner, you better make it perfectly clear, and really screen possible takers.

Last edited:
I have had chickens for years.  I was going to show, then I changed my mind.  The open show is on Saturday, and the youth 4-H one is one Sunday.  I did practice grooming and it went really good.  There are special cages that are used at the chicken show.  I don't know much about them.  I put a boat load of them together tonight.  My county has there own.  Were are you from???
What county are you in?
A 'boat load'?! Really? Did you notice the dimensions? Google has not been a friend to me in that department this morning. I keep getting canary cages dimensions. And we are in Chester County.

Welcome jennieschicks! 5 chickens 3 Roos? Isn't that always the way? Hope you find your Dominique a home.

A 'boat load'?! Really? Did you notice the dimensions? Google has not been a friend to me in that department this morning. I keep getting canary cages dimensions. And we are in Chester County.
Welcome jennieschicks! 5 chickens 3 Roos? Isn't that always the way? Hope you find your Dominique a home.

http://www.gridfeed.co.uk/page3.html

This is the only site I can find.

Back
Top Bottom