Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Jennieschicks,
I can't believe I am asking this (I have to do something with 4 or 5 roos as it is!) but where are you in SE PA?
I currently have 6 roosters, and 6 girls together. I am keeping one roo because he is a friend to my cross beak. I am keeping one for breeding, and the other 4 MUST go. I had 5/6 roos out of my first batch of chicks! Anyway, I would keep your roo for breeding too. I have 15 newborn pullets in the brooder. he would make nice babies with the Barred Rocks!
Anyway, I am really bad at not using chicken math. Maybe I can take (buy) him.

Last edited:
Beaglady, Thank you for looking!! Yes, I want poultry cages, but don't know what size they are offering in that CL (or even what size I need!) also, that's 2 hrs from me, how would I get them?

ETA: Do You deliver too?

Last edited:
My husband was driving around the Pittsburgh area a few hours ago, and said, "Honey, I just saw one of your friends," So if you live in/near Pittsburgh, and have a "I love my chicken" sticker in the rear window of your grey SUV, you have been spotted! LOL.

Beaglady, Thank you for looking!! Yes, I want poultry cages, but don't know what size they are offering in that CL (or even what size I need!) also, that's 2 hrs from me, how would I get them?
ETA: Do You deliver too?

I checked those crates out. They had a couple small ones - smaller than they use for the bantams at the farm show. Then they had a homemade looking wooden one for $40, and an antique wood poultry crate for $60. Nothing like you'd use for large fowl. (Sizing comments based on my sole knowledge of poultry crates being that I look at chickens every year at the Farm Show.)

motorcycle chick, That's great! I have the 'my pet makes me breakfast' bumper sticker.
Meyer hatchery has a "crazy bird lady on board" sticker that I want to put on the motorcycle. My problem is with "bird lady" I wish it said chicken. My other choice is the one that says, "chickens are like potato chips... You can't have just one"

Back
Top Bottom