Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello, Altoona. I see you have been a member for a while, but only five posts. Get busy! Your input is important!
BTW, where the heck in Altoona can you keep chickens? Apparently I don't know Altoona as well as I thought I did.

I'm actually in Logan Township. Lucky us, we moved into an area zoned agricultural/residentail and after talking with the code enforcement officer for the township, we found out that the township doesn't give a flying flip about what happens in our neck of the woods....

Yeah, I've been a member for a while and have been using the site for mostly research and ideas. I work a rotational schedule and don't get around to using my computer very often...I'm trying to compile some pictures of my coop and get them posted on here, but it went up so quick that I didn't get many of the construction phase...

I have a friend that lives in Altoona city and they just passed an ordinance stating you must own eight acres in order to keep livestock in the city limits; which more than likely rules out everyone living in the city. I can't imagine any person owning eight acres in the city limits, let alone paying the taxes on that much ground....

On aother note, I'm going to be thining my flock down here soon. I have 17 hens and would like to get down to 12. They are now 21 weeks old and are all laying.. If anyone might be interested in buying them, let me know. Otherwise, it's going to be bbq time!

On aother note, I'm going to be thining my flock down here soon. I have 17 hens and would like to get down to 12. They are now 21 weeks old and are all laying.. If anyone might be interested in buying them, let me know. Otherwise, it's going to be bbq time!

what kind do you have?

mama2my4 are you going to Uniontown swap 3rd sunday in august? If not I can look for what you need there. I should be heading to state college in October. we could meet up then.

That is up by Pittsburgh, right? That is quite a way for me too (about 3 hours). I have to run back and for th there quite often, and doubt I will be up for going then. My little girl is having another surgery at Childrens on the 16th, so I will probably be about sick of that drive by then!

I have to do something with four or five roosters. They will be 16 weeks on Saturday. Right for butchering if that is what you wish to do. They haven't been tearing up the four hens, and aren't mean. Anyone interested?

Evening guys! Just wanted to pop in and say I can't wait to see you again M!
big_smile.png
maybe lunch somewhere up here I'd you can??

Sounds like a plan!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom