Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

heard that also,,,family has been doing this for awhile with no ill effects,,,,,,guess I am okay with living dangerously.....I did get a new can and lit a fire in it to burn off the oils though...

Might be the type of cooking too. When I heard it, it was in reference to making a smoker. Ended up using a 55 gallond drum instead. I still burn in the garbage can, but it's only for disposal, and I try to stay upwind.

went to the auction down in 84 again today, the Chinese man wasn't there but standing in line to check in, they were talking about him, seems he got raided again last night, chickens taken from him again.

Sharron, I had hoped to go there today myself but I knew first thing this morning that I just wasn't going to have time to go. I might try next Monday though. Can you tell me anything about how it went and what was there that is related to chickens? Do they auctions fertile eggs or chicks or pullets? What about coops, feed or other poultry related items? If the sell chicks or eggs, or anything really, what kind of pricing did they sell for? Sorry for all the questions, just really interested.

Quote: wondering if length of time and how much heat also.....is the galvanized part the shine to it, that all burns off with the fire,,,atleast mine did, the inside was dull looking after that...

any metal workers here to chime in about this....

my brother is the one that got me to try this and he has been cooking like this for years when he goes camping,,,,

I just know it was yummy, and no one got sick....but we are old timers that drink from the garden hose also..

I swear I work for the rudest people out there......they often wait till i get there to tell me i gotta work late....and just now after being scheduled for a 5pm to 5am shift, i get a call at 4:10 telling me not to come in till 11pm.....obviously i have been geared up to work a 12 hour sleepless shift so I will not be able to take a nap....really did they not know this earlier in the day, i could have planned the whole day differently...

K, I am done ranting now...

as of this week, we have 2 less raccoons on our property. YAY!!
You probably just made room for 2 more.
hmm.png

Why Thank You!! My son 'took care' of them. They were in the goat pen at 11 am. Freaked me out a bit, I thought they could be rabid, but turned out to be youngsters.

Got the goats disbudded today and SOLD 2 of the boys. We are keeping the other boy and girl. I'm happy, but sad too. At least I get to watch them play and grow for another 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom